PDA

View Full Version : Need tranportation from Airport to Universal & Universal to Disney!

Alpha Jeanie
04-22-2012, 01:26 PM
We always spend all of our time in Orlando at Disney World. This trip, we are spending our first 2 nights and days at Universal, to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We have been so spoiled with Disney Transportation and the Magic Express in the past. I need transportation for our family of 4 from the airport to Universal Portofino bay resort and then from there to Pop Century 2 days later. I have called Mears, which the company most people suggest, but they only go from the airport to Universal. I would have to call a cab to get to Pop Century, which is more expensive.

What companies have you used to get to Universal to Disney. I want someone reputable and not overly expensive. Seems like most I have checked have been about 40 dollars for a town car.

BugeyedMuggy
04-22-2012, 02:16 PM
We always use Quick Silver to and from the airport. The cost is $110.00 I know additional add-ons are extra but we have always had a safe and pleasent trip and driver.

tinksmom02
04-22-2012, 03:52 PM
We used Quicksilver for our Universal trip last year and were very pleased. The tentative plan for my upcoming Disney-Universal trip is DME from airport to POP, cab from POP to Universal (not sure yet which hotel we're staying at), and then use Quicksilver from Universal back to MCO. I know you're doing Universal first, so your itinerary will be the reverse of mine.

I'm thinking about a cab instead of using Quicksilver because I don't know that I want to be tied into a particular time to leave POP & head to Universal. I figure we can take the day as it comes and head over when we're ready.

faline
04-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Using Quicksilver helps support this site and you typically get personalized attention for about the same cost as the cab.

Another option might be to rent a car for a couple of days.

RedSoxandPatsfan
04-29-2012, 08:57 AM
We used Quick Silver to do the same type of trip about two weeks ago. We were a party of 7 and got the van. They were very prompt and the driver was extremely pleasant. He was waiting at the bottom of the escalators in the baggage claim area with a sign that had our partys name on it. Very easy to spot him.

The area the van is parked is in back of the car rental desks. It's a seperate area for them to "stand" in. Makes it a lot less hectic and stressful than trying to get a cab.

It was $75 from Airport to Royal Pacific Resort and $50 (same driver, same van) from RPR to POR. We set the P/U time for 11 am and he was there early waiting for us. We were loaded and on our way by 10:45 am. We would usse them again and we would recommend them to others.