PDA

View Full Version : Formal Affair

AllDisney
04-22-2012, 12:35 PM
There will be at least one formal evening planned on our upcoming Fantasy cruise.

I have a formal gown so I am fine. My question is does my husband HAVE to have a tux? Will a dark suit work okay? Will he look out of place in the suit?

Thanks for the input:thumbsup:

Tink1
04-22-2012, 12:56 PM
He will be fine in a dark suit.

Nanc

MarkC
04-22-2012, 07:03 PM
We just took a Disney cruise in February. I saw a few suits and ties. Our table had sportcoats and dress shirts but no ties. One of the men forgot to pack his and just wore a sportshirt and was fine. I didn't see any tuxes. Even on the semi-formal night, a nice shirt and slacks were the norm. You'll be fine, so save the money on a tux rental and have him buy you some jewelry on board.

Donald_Quackers
05-02-2012, 11:31 PM
I got off the Fantasy on 4/28 and saw a few tuxes on Formal night, not to mention at least one military dress uniform, but the majority of people (myself included) wore suits or, in my case, a sport coat, slacks, button-up shirt and tie. On semi-formal night I skipped the tie.

tinkman
05-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Sport coats are fine. Just a collared shirt would be out of place.

nstarv
05-04-2012, 09:32 PM
:confused:We are going on the Magic out of NYC in August to the Carribean and Port Canaveral. It's a family cruise/reunion. I plan on wearing a tux for the formal night - I don't mind dressing up, even on vacation - and I am working on a tuxedo for my 4 year old son. I'm sure he'll put up a fuss about being dressed up, but I think I have a solution.

I am looking to get a matching set of tuxedo vests and bowties with a Mickey/Disney theme. One extra large for me and one 4T-ish for my son. If I'm wearing a vest and bowtie and he has the same set, he'll think it will be cool to dress up like daddy.

Can anyone help me out on where to find them? I've been searching ebay, but the sizes aren't there. The sources that sell them new are out of the question - I don't want to spend $300 for vests and ties that may only be worn this one vacation.

Does anyone know someone who has these items that would be willing to sell them or a tuxedo store that carries them? David's formal and Carol Allyn won't be too accommodating based on my conversations with them.

Anyway....if you have or know someone or some store that does have these vests and ties, please let me know!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
05-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Larry, if eBay didn't work (I would look for those stores that offer the broadest number of sizes as they might sew them themselves and could work with you... just email them), try Etsy. You could find a someone there who could make the matching set for you and your son.