PDA

View Full Version : Post your rental car deal

TikiGoddess
04-22-2012, 08:00 AM
Anyone gotten a good deal on a rental car lately? I've just started to look for our July trip but the prices are still quite high.

Last year we paid $17 per day for a full size through Priceline. We ended up getting an SUV upgrade when we picked up our car at the Hertz location at MCO!

Post your deals here!
Kathy

ImagiAsh
04-22-2012, 09:01 AM
My mother, who left this morning on her flight to Disney, managed to get a mid-size vehicle on Priceline for $11/day. I still can't believe it! I'm waiting for her to arrive and see half of a SmartCar. :secret:

E-OR
04-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Always rent from National. Got an emerald club card so get the price for a mid-size but get what ever is in the Emerald Isle when we get there. I have a price of $175.00 for 9 days (including tax and all fees). I also have a coupon for a free day out of the Entertainsment Book. Started out a couple months ago at over $400.00. We will be in WDW next weekend. Keep watching just to see if it might go down a bit more. I don't expect it to but will check anyway. This is about what we pay every year.

GAN
04-22-2012, 10:35 AM
I've always scored using Priceline as well

Dopey's Girl
04-22-2012, 02:40 PM
I have a mid size this Thursday through Monday for $73 total from Alamo. I'm an Alamo insider (their rewards program) plus an entertainment book coupon. When I started looking in february, it was well over $200 using the same discounts.

mudpuppysmom
04-24-2012, 01:31 PM
I've always been lucky with National using the Emerald Aisle. I have rented from Alamo in the past, but I have better luck with National.

Last trip we rented a mid size and when we got there we chose a minivan from the Emerald Aisle and paid $130 for 9 days.....I think that is UNBELIEVEALBE!!!

Just be vigilant and you'll score a good deal!

mydisneygirls
04-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Hertz, Avis and National are the highest priced rental agencies. Our previous trip, I rented from Alamo for 8 days for $110. I booked a mid-size but was upgrated to full size. Join Alamo Insiders (it's free) and search the internet for coupon codes. That's what I did. Also, the closer you book to your trip, the cheaper the car will be (just not a week before). Keep checking and if the price goes down, you just make a new reservation and cancel the old one.