PDA

View Full Version : Kouzzina

ANG
04-22-2012, 07:38 AM
What are your experiences with Kouzzina?

The dining blog and books I've read say it's a must try. But it seems a lot of people on intercot don't care for it?

I need to make ADRs soon. Please help!

greengeen
04-22-2012, 08:51 AM
We tried both breakfast and dinner there and didn't like either. The food was bland, cold (in some cases) and just not appealing. The service was really poor. I just don't know how they can get away with such pathetic quality. I think Kouzzina will be "re-themed" within the next 2-3 years, because the current theme and management are not working IMO.

Kenny1113
04-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Don't do it!!!! :down:

Actually the food was good. However the service was terrible and no one seemed to care. They have a famous chef name to bring people in. :(

After our experience I read reveiws on trip advisor. Turns out several people had the same experience we did.

Kenny1113
04-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Haha! I was typing as greengreen was posting. Looks like another similar expirience.

hoop de do
04-22-2012, 09:14 AM
It is now our favorite place to go. We have eaten at most of Disney's restaurants. I will admit that we have only eaten there once but it was excellent in all ways. There have been alot of responses regarding it in previous inquiries. I would say try it and let us know.
Have a great vaca.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

SBETigg
04-22-2012, 09:38 AM
I've been twice for dinner and had excellent food and friendly, attentive service both times. The fried calamari is about the best I've had, very light, crispy, delicious. I love the Fisherman's Stew, incredible flavors and large shrimp, scallops, and fish. The lamb shank was also amazing, so good. My son is a big fan of the lamb burgers and the sampler platter, but the greek-style lasagna is a bit much as a full serving. I think it's one of the best 1 TS meals on property.

Itchy
04-22-2012, 09:57 AM
I dont know if I would say its terrible. I have eaten at a resturant at Downtown Disney that would not surpass Mc Donalds on a bad day.

We ate at Kouzzina's about a year ago for dinner. We were one of the first couples to be served as we opened the place up.

Our server was very attentive and professional.

We kind of left the jury out on the food though. It was not bad, I guess I expected to be wow'ed but that did not happen but everyones taste is different.

Will we go back, probably not. It would not be because of terrible food, but only because we have so many other resturants that we do really enjoy.

I would say it is a one time must try..

Hope this helps...:mickey:

big blue and hairy
04-22-2012, 11:06 AM
While the service wasn't exactly fast when we were there, (once for breakfast, once for dinner) the food was very good. DW and I would definitely go again.

Try it!

:sulley:

TheDuckRocks
04-22-2012, 11:25 AM
My meal from appetizer to dessert was the single most awful meal I have ever eaten in any restaurant anywhere ever. And the service was terrible! After 2 bites of my entree I knew I couldn't eat it and it took us 15 minutes to get the waiter back to exchange for something else. I was then told by both him and the manager that they don't do that there :confused: nor would they take the amount off of our bill. We were using the Deluxe Disney dining plan and had plenty of credits to last the trip so I never took the complaint further. This was the only WDW restaurant I have ever left hungry. I stopped at the popcorn stand on the Boardwalk and ate a box of popcorn so I had something to fill my tummy. To be completely fair though, everyone else at the table had food than was ediable although not the favorite meals by far.

dtootsie42
04-22-2012, 12:10 PM
We went and had a terrific time. Everything we got was delicious. The service was not the best but it was not the worse we have gotten at Disney.

Dec 1997-Contemporary
Dec 1999-Poly
Dec 2001-Poly concierge
June 2002-Disneyland (off site)
Dec 2003-Poly concierge
Dec 2005-Poly concierge
Dec 2007-Poly concierge
Oct 2008-Disneyland (off site)
Dec 2009-Poly concierge
Nov 2010-Disneyland Hotel
Feb. 2012 Grand Floridian concierge celebrating 25 years of marriage just hubby and I
Next trip DisneyLand

wdwvacationeer
04-22-2012, 12:23 PM
We have eaten both breakfast and dinner and really enjoyed both! We had breakfast there a few years ago when it first opened and had a great breakfast that I remember had poached eggs, and chicken sausages and kalamata olive toast-really good! It was around Christmas time and I remember we had a very nice waitress-very friendly, very helpful.

So, we liked the breakfast so much, last summer we went for dinner. Every one tried something different- chicken, Greek lasagna, lamb, - all very good. I now make a version of the Greek lasagna at home for my family. I can't remember our waiter's name but he was fantastic! I remember him telling us that he had worked in Spain and he was just extremely helpful with recommendations. In fact, he told us that, in his opinion, the fisherman's stew was probably the best thing on the menu; so, my middle daughter, Allison, tried it and it was fabulous! We already have reservations made for this summer and can't wait to go back!

ElenitaB
04-22-2012, 04:20 PM
We've gone twice for breakfast and maybe three or four times by now for dinner. If we're staying at BWV, it is a must do for our family.

Service has always been friendly and efficient; the times I've needed help from a chef to accomodate a dining request was seamless. Food has always been top notch.

It's also worth mentioning that when my DS found his burger to be too spicy for him to handle, it was exchanged for something else (the fish stew which we both like) without question.

Basket Mommy
04-22-2012, 09:23 PM
We loved it. Hands down one of the best Disney dining experiences I've ever had. The server was wonderful, patient and very good about explaining things to us and talking to us about each thing we ordered. She was very attentive.

The food was outstanding. My children loved it (2 ordered off the kids' menu and 2 off the adult menu.) We've only been once (2 years ago), but the kids always ask to go back.

Editing to say that my son originally ordered the lamb, but didn't care for it when it came. An exchange was made with no questions and we were not charged for the lamb at all.

ANG
04-23-2012, 08:19 AM
AHHHH such mixed reviews!

SBETigg
04-23-2012, 10:45 AM
AHHHH such mixed reviews!

I was thinking the same, realizing this wasn't going to help you if you were torn. I think the best thing to do is to go over the menu, and if it looks good to you, go for it. I've never let a negative review stop me from trying a place that looked good to me, and I have no regrets even when it turns out I should have listened. You can gather opinions, but you don't know how it will be for you unless you go.

LVT
05-05-2012, 10:01 AM
We went for a breakfast and for a dinner. We were there for the sake of different food. Our town does not have a Greek/Med. restaurant. It was fine. We will go again to try something new.

Disney Doll
05-05-2012, 02:53 PM
We ate dinner there two days ago and it was great. Our waitress was very nice and very helpful explaining some of the more unique items on the menu and making recommendations. I we got the pita bread and 6 spreads for an appetizer. The spreads were hummus, feta cheese, eggplant, olive, whipped cavier, and cucumber dill. I did not expect to like them all, but out of our table of 6 everyone agreed that they were all good. For dinner I had the sampler with chicken, a lamb slider, and Greek lasagne. The chicken was fantastic, the lasagne was good, but very heavy and rich. I didn't care for the lamb, but it was fun to try. It was my first experience with lamb so I think it's just me and not anything to do with the restaurant. My husband had the pork tenderloin which was also very good. The kids meals were great. One had a grilled chicken breast with pasta and the other had grilled fish with orzo. Both chose fresh fruit for the side and they had a make your own cupcake or sundae which was a bit messy, but a big hit. We would eat there again for sure. I can see that the menu might not appeal to everyone, but if you like Greek you should give it a try.

Jared
05-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Kouzzina is, without a doubt, my favorite non-signature restaurant on Disney property. I'm about to board a flight and can't explain why right now, but I'll be back!

LandFan
05-07-2012, 01:12 PM
The traditional whole fish is the bomb!:cloud9:

southerngirl
05-07-2012, 03:13 PM
I really wanted to like Kouzzina, I really did! We love Greek/Mediterranean food, and I was very excited to try this place during our April 2011 trip. We had one of the first ADRs of the night, so I had high hopes that we'd get good food and good service. I was disappointed on both ends. I'll spare you all the details, but I tried to order my DS some grilled chicken, only to be told it was dark meat and that they couldn't substitute a grilled chicken breast. DH and I thought our food was okay, but it was pricey for the amount and quality, and we're people who like nice restaurants and don't mind paying more for really good food. (I think DH was more than slightly annoyed when we were told we couldn't have more pita bread for our spreads, even though we weren't on the DP.) The worst part was the service. Our server was very lazy and then she pretty much rushed us out of our table to seat a large party. She told the hostess not to move the party to another section because we were "just about finished," and then she proceeded to stand behind my DH's shoulder while he ate the last of his dinner and then threw the check at us and stood there again while he paid. Then, as I was trying to clean up DS (he had tomato sauce all over him), she was literally moving our table away to combine it with another one! The people who were taking our table (literally) were embarassed and told me not to rush, which sort of clued in the clueless server who said "oh yeah honey, didn't mean to rush you." Well, that's a hollow statement when you've taken away my table and are standing over me so that you take my chair as soon as I get up! Needless to say, we will not return.