PDA

View Full Version : 1st Day Strategy

Airblue1
04-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Okay fellow Intercotters,
I need a little expertise, an ear if u don't mind:mickey:!
Background: Arrive MCO 8:40am, ME to BC
1. How long (approx.) from MCO to Beach?
2. I contacted CL about our early arrival, however
that does not guarantee anything.
3. I have made Ressies for 2 should I move our lunch Ressies up to noon?
4. Our agenda is Epcot, Lunch in Epcot, Visa Character meet, DTD

A. Am I being to ambishes with a family of 4 and a 1yr old DH?
B. Where in the day would u make your ressie,breakfast or lunch?
C. We have CL so I know we hang out there for a bit, but will they let us even if our room isn't ready?
Much Thanks to Everyone
:mickey::mickey:

TikiGoddess
04-20-2012, 12:05 PM
1. I would plan around 90 minute to get to BC from MCO. If you are picking up your checked luggage (instead of relying on Disney to get it to your room), add 15 minutes more.

2. I wouldn't plan on having your room ready until 1-3pm. But yes, you can hang out in the club lounge and take advantage of Stormalong Bay. There are locker rooms attached to the gym, I believe.

3. I would do lunch closer to noon.

4A. You might be a little ambitious for the first day. If you're landing at 8:40am, you must be getting up rather early to get on that flight. You may want to plan on doing Epcot, lunch, character meet, and then possibly DTD. Remember that you can only move as quickly as your lowest common denominator. Kids need to take things more slowly than the rest of us.

4B. Lunch, or perhaps dinner. Grab a quick lunch while you're touring Epcot, then slow down and have a nice dinner.

4C. Yes, you can use the Club lounge immediately.

Kathy

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-20-2012, 09:00 PM
I agree - move lunch up, closer to noon.

Also, it sounds like you're having a pretty early flight, and I think you'll tire much more quickly than you expect, it will have been a long day.

So, I'd get checked in, go and enjoy the park for a bit, have lunch and then either spend more time in the park, or do DTD for a while, with a plan to back at the resort for dinner and a swim.

spoiledraf
04-21-2012, 09:18 AM
We had an early flight one year and had to get up at about 3:30 to get going on time. Like always, we are always up way too late the night before and can't sleep because of excitement. We were at the BC, CL as well. Just a comment on your room being ready, you don't want it to be! We got to our room, opened up a couple things, layed down on the so soft beds and before we knew it, it was two in the afternoon! We both passed out. :blush:

The moral of the story is, if your room is ready, don't lay on the beds! If you stop, you'll crash! :D

Have a great trip. And like others said, don't try to pack TOO much in the first day.

(51 more days...:cloud9:)

steamboat willy
04-22-2012, 09:51 AM
My two cents:

I wouldn't rush on my 1st day or my last!
I would do lunch at my resort OR in EPCOT.
I would STAY in EPCOT until time to return to Resort.
Pool Time...Pool Time!
NO DTD on first day.
Sleep Tight......

Airblue1
04-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Thank you all! We ditched our 2 Ressies. Decided to try a noon at Beaches and cream with Rose as our back up. I have minimized our plans down to resort walking, nap:), Epcot time!
First day is always the toughest, as I tell my team it's not how u start it's how u FINISH🍀