PDA

View Full Version : Travel Agency benefits

i'm grumpy
04-19-2012, 11:17 AM
We have booked our own trips for years. Do the agencies receive different discount codes?

faline
04-19-2012, 11:33 AM
I don't believe so. The added benefit of using Magical Journeys - Intercot's sponsor is that they actively monitor your booking so that if any discounts, or better discounts come along, they will apply it to your reservation and you need do nothing but know it will happen for you!!

DizneyRox
04-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Not all travel agents perform the above service.

What I've found is that if you are eligible for a discount, it's the same wether you book through a TA or directly. Commission is part of the package no matter what, it's all about who gets it.

I beleive some places, like Travelocity, Hotwire, and such actually purchase blocks of rooms at discounted prices and it's up to them to sell them off to customers. If they don't sell them off, they remain vacant.

I'm DVC now, so I on't deal with that at Disney at lest. Everything else I book myself, directly with the company. I don't mind doing the leg work, I'm not necessarily interested in getting the best price, more of a mix between acceptable service and acceptable value.

i'm grumpy
04-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Thanks. I didn't know if MJ could provide any additional info. My 30% off a room expired earlier than I thought. :(