PDA

View Full Version : Fall in a Moderate or Jan in a Villa?

disneynarula
04-19-2012, 07:27 AM
I am so torn right now. We are Americans on a tour in Germany and are planning on a trip back to the states for either October or January. :cloud9:One week of our trip to America will be a WDW vacation.:mickey:

Our week at WDW in winter would be Jan 3-10
We also have the option of any time period between Oct 12-26.

I am sort of counting on a discount in January and being able to stay in a two bedroom villa at OKW. Historically, this makes sense to me. MIL will pay the difference between the villa and the moderate if we get a good enough discount.

Without the discount we could probably swing two rooms at a moderate but I would really like to be able to spread out in the villa and not have to stay in one room with the kids. One of the kids would have to be in the inlaws room and would probably end up with us in the middle of the night anyway.

There will be four adults and three kids. DH, Myself, DS (8) DS (6) and DD (2)!

Then if there is not a discount in January after all we will be back to two rooms at a moderate anyway and possibly have to deal with post holiday and pre marathon crowds.

Any thoughts?

mydisneygirls
04-19-2012, 11:40 AM
If it were me, I'd pick October. This is the time of year we generally go. We have been in December once and a few days we had to wear jeans and sweatshirts.

Have you looked into the suites at Shades of Green?

disneynarula
04-19-2012, 05:10 PM
We have looked into Shades of Green. DH is a DoD civillian so we have to pay the highest price. It is still an awsome idea but my MIL really likes the Disney Dining Plan.

Now we are talking about a suite at Art of Animation.

laprana
04-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Have you considered renting DVC points to book a villa at OKW? You might be able to do this cheaper than the cost of the rooms at a moderate. Also, you can rent through the Timeshare Store (an Intercot sponsor) and from what I've heard they make it pretty easy for you, doing all the legwork (I've never rented from them myself). You would still be able to get the dining plan and all the perks that come along with staying onsite. :thumbsup:

Disney Doll
04-20-2012, 04:52 PM
I have been both in early Jan and in mid October. Here are some things I would consider.

1. Weather is likely to be better in October.

2. Crowds are likely to be nicer in January.

3. In October you could take advantage of the Food and Wine Fest. at EPCOT and MNSSHP at Magic Kingdom.

4. You would have more room in a villa, but less privacy with the IL's sharing the living room/dining room.

5. Even the most compatible people can get sick of each other when thrust into a 24/7 vacation situation so if you go with the villa be sure to schedule some park time apart.

spinnerf
04-21-2012, 06:50 AM
October is my favorite time to go, weather is perfect, MNSSHP, Food and wine. Was there this past October and January. Crowds were manageable both times, January was too cold to swim but pleasant. I wouldnt bank on low crowds in January because that seems to be a thing of the past, when Disney expects low crowds, big discounts come out and the crowds are back. A two bedroom is nice with kids though... Have fun either way!