PDA

View Full Version : Citrus Swirls are back!

dulyjs
04-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Yeah baby! Just in time for my trip next week. I know lots of people favor the Dole Whip, but I was always a Citrus Swirl guy.

This makes up for no longer having cheesesteaks at Cosmic Ray's.

EeyoresBestFriend
04-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Did they go away?? Also a fav for us, but we have had them everytime we've been there.

My unhappy day was when the strawberry swirls disappeared ~ they were our very favourite treat. :(

BrerGnat
04-19-2012, 08:47 AM
I love Citrus Swirl too! SOOO good, and I like them better than Dole Whips too. :blush:

I had never even had a Dole Whip until I reluctantly tried one when Citrus Swirl was gone. I do like them a lot, but Citrus Swirl is :cloud9: for me.

I did have a Citrus Swirl a few years ago and it was NASTY. The orange part tasted so bitter and watered down, so I hope they have improved them with this new renovation of Sunshine Tree Terrace.

dulyjs
04-19-2012, 09:17 AM
I don't know that they necessarily went away. I remember them changing a while back to some lame orange ice milk kind of concoction rather than the tangy orange concentrate stuff. The tangy orange contrast with the vanilla is what makes it.

disneymom15
04-19-2012, 09:43 AM
I don't know that they necessarily went away. I remember them changing a while back to some lame orange ice milk kind of concoction rather than the tangy orange concentrate stuff. The tangy orange contrast with the vanilla is what makes it.

I could me wrong, but, I think I read it says they were bringing back the "original" recipe.

dulyjs
04-19-2012, 11:28 AM
I could me wrong, but, I think I read it says they were bringing back the "original" recipe.

Exactly. Just like bringing back Coca-Cola Classic because New Coke was awful.

Wolf
04-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Where is the sunshine terrace? Is that what the Dole Whip stand is called? I'm pretty dedicated to the Dole Whips but Moma is a orange cream girl so she's very excited, personally I want a shirt with the little birdie on it crazy bad!!

Davy Crockett
04-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Disney sent out a post yesterday talking about bring back the Orangebird and the citrus swirl. Man that brings back childhood memories! They're even going to bring back the vintage t-shirts.... just COOL

BrerGnat
04-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Where is the sunshine terrace? Is that what the Dole Whip stand is called? I'm pretty dedicated to the Dole Whips but Moma is a orange cream girl so she's very excited, personally I want a shirt with the little birdie on it crazy bad!!

No, it's over by the Tiki Room. It's a thatched hut looking building, sort of tucked into a corner.

The Dole Whip is at Aloha Isle. Sunshine Tree Terrace is not too far from there, just more inside Adventureland whereas Aloha Isle is right at the entrance from Main Street.

Wolf
04-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Awesome! Maybe that will make the dole whip lines shorter lol

#1donaldfan
04-20-2012, 12:38 PM
I have one of the old bird cups.....now I can get a new one !!! :thumbsup:

elmjimmlm
04-20-2012, 02:02 PM
I have one of the old bird cups.....now I can get a new one !!! :thumbsup:

I hope they are still there when we get there!!!

EeyoresBestFriend
04-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Disney sent out a post yesterday talking about bring back the Orangebird and the citrus swirl. Man that brings back childhood memories! They're even going to bring back the vintage t-shirts.... just COOL

As a late comer to my Disney addiction :secret: , what is an Orangebird?

BrerSchultzy
04-21-2012, 12:01 AM
The Orange Bird was a mascot of sorts, meant to tie Disney in with Florida. It was basically a bird with an orange for a head. And for anyone who visited WDW in the late 70s and early 80s (when there were far fewer options), the Orange Bird became sort of a symbol of recognition for the truly die-hard Disney fanatics. Every once in a while you can still pick out those fanatics...just stand over by the Sunshine Terrace, near that walkway into Frontierland, and if you hear someone start singing "little orange bird....in the sunshine tree", you'll know you've found them.

Jared
04-21-2012, 05:19 PM
The Orange Bird is an advertising icon that fans of Walt Disney World history grew to love. Those were the days well before "DisneyParks." Walt Disney World sought to separate itself from Disneyland. The Orange Bird -- a distinctly Florida creation -- is an example of that distinction. As somebody who hates the homogenization of the theme park division of today's Disney company, anything that highlights Walt Disney World's unique history is a worthwhile addition.

#1donaldfan
04-23-2012, 12:14 PM
I hope they are still there when we get there!!!

Me too !! :thumbsup:

ShanPooh
04-24-2012, 12:21 AM
:clappy: DH will be so excited! Another reason to look forward to August!

Davy Crockett
04-24-2012, 02:57 PM
BrerSchultzy - Eloquent definition for the Orangebird :thumbsup:

Scar
04-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Orange Bird (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/04/happy-little-orange-bird-lands-on-new-merchandise-at-walt-disney-world-resort/)

Scroll down a little.