PDA

View Full Version : Day 4-The Return from Riverside Report 4/9-4/15

RavsRuleDisney!
04-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Day 4 sunny / mid 80's (boy this weather stinks! :thumbsup: )

Off to Epcot today! Crowds seem to be getting increasingly heavy. Grabbed a FP for Soarin' and jumped on one of our faves TT!! ::car:
Good we rode as the new Chevy re-do is about to shut it down for awhile. Got in Figment and Nemo. Thought about doing Captain EO but decided nah. DS10 wanted some more pool time and DS12 wanted to hit up the arcade.

Arcade and pool done. Clean up and we are off to do what my older DS has been patiently waiting for all trip - his first turn piloting the speedboats!! :woohoo: It didn't look good at first. We had ressies at LT Tavern so we figured we would grab the boats at POLY (our old stomping grounds!) and then right to MK. I was joking with my son that because of the crowds we'd get there and all the boats would be out. Yup. All out. DS12 is not amused. Thinking quickly we head over to GF and success - My DS12 is Skipper and I am Gilligan tooling around the lake....he had a blast.

Dinner at Liberty Tree was filling as always. Went to HofP which is one of those attractions that kind of flies under the radar but is such a must-do. The updated - for us - HM was fun, the new cemetary que is great. But you would think that system of funneling people towards the doombuggies could have been worked on. It was really crowded and it just seems like an accident waiting to happen. Enjoyed the ride of course. My DS10 enjoyed the fact the ghost riding with us at the end ripped his head off and plopped on my neck. Did our final Snow White - goodnight to another original. And they really had the ride moving at a quick clip.

Although DS12 resisted, of course we had to hit up IASW - didn't realize but they only actually sing that LOVELY song in the last room now. Must have slept right thru that update! Then back across to Tommorowland where DS10 and I hit up Buzz again and DH popped a nice little 999,999 score! Getting late so back to the bus and off to sleeeeep....

faline
04-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Whew! Boating fiasco averted!! :thumbsup:

That queue after the stretching room at the Haunted Mansion is pretty scary at time - more scary than the ride itself!!

emerzmom
04-19-2012, 11:25 AM
We rented boats for the first time on our last trip. Fun! Glad you & your son did not miss it. Good "plan B"!
:mickey:
Julie

artyboy
04-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Fun day! Thanks for sharing!

Dopey's Girl
04-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Glad you averted a disaster! Another great day.

Aurora
04-20-2012, 07:19 PM
You are a good dad and a quick thinker about the boats! Love reading your reports, can't wait to read the next one.

That queue outside the stretching rooms is atrocious. I agree with you about the accident waiting to happen.

:eek:

SBETigg
04-20-2012, 09:39 PM
So glad you found boats at the GF! Well played.

shadowden
04-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Whew! Boating fiasco averted!! :thumbsup:

That queue after the stretching room at the Haunted Mansion is pretty scary at time - more scary than the ride itself!!

Especially with little ones. Their legs get all caught up in themselves trying to walk quickly to keep pace with the treadmill.

shadowden
04-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Sounds like another great day in Disney! Makes me even more anxious for our upcoming trip!

Thanks!

vizsla
04-24-2012, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the report.

mydisneygirls
04-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Enjoyed reading your posts. Sounds like a great time!

forever a child
05-20-2012, 08:20 PM
You make me want to hop on Snow White's ride one more time! :sadwave:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the report

January-2007
05-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Thanks for reporting.