PDA

View Full Version : Disney Gift Cards

Dyanna
04-18-2012, 10:55 AM
If I was to purchase one of these gift cards I find in my local grocery store as a birthday present would our friends be able to use it in the theme parks to pay for purchases. EX: if they want to purchase snacks at one of the many kiosks would they accept the gift card? Also including the kiosks at the F & W festival. What are the limits & restrictions on such a card?

disneymom15
04-18-2012, 11:41 AM
We've used them all over the parks, including kiosks. We've never used them at the F&W food booths, so I can't comment on that.

floridamom
04-18-2012, 11:46 AM
We have used Disney gift cards at Food and Wine kiosks without any trouble at all.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-18-2012, 01:42 PM
There is the odd location that doesn't take them, usually small temporary outdoor carts that are cash-only, but otherwise I've had no issues using the gift cards.

CuteAsMinnie
04-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Use them everywhere at WDW!!!

Hint: If you order them online thru the Disney Store there is no tax or shipping, usually arrive in about a week (plan for 2-3) and there are dozens of card options to choose from!!

:wave:

minnie-mouse
04-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Absolutely! It's a great gift, they will love that!

massachusetts
04-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Can you use the gift card for that balloon ride in DTD?

Urbss
04-23-2012, 04:41 PM
There is the odd location that doesn't take them, usually small temporary outdoor carts that are cash-only, but otherwise I've had no issues using the gift cards.

I've never run into one of these places that take cash only. Let me ask you this, do you think they would accept your Key to the World card so that you could apply your purchase to your room? If they would, then you could always use your disney gift card to pay for any purchases made on your room key card, right?

annetter
04-24-2012, 12:38 PM
We LOVE using those gift cards at the parks and resorts.

We start buying them well in advance so the trip is all "paid-for" before we even get there. We use our United Airlines credit card (for the miles) to buy them at our local grocery store which in turn give us disounts on gasoline purchases. It is a win-win-win!

Regarding using them for the balloon ride at DTD... I would doubt it, unless that is a Disney-run attraction. To my knowledge the ONLY places you can use the Disney gift cards in DTD are the Disney stores like the Christmas Disney store, the Art of Disney, etc. You can not use them at the restaurants in DTD or at stores like Basin.

biodtl
04-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Even if you can't use them at a specific location, you can charge to your room & pay tour bill with them. We had some on our last trip and had them added on to our room account when we checked in.