PDA

View Full Version : WDW Tours

shortcake311
04-17-2012, 08:40 PM
I wanted to do a tour for my wedding anniversary when my husband and I visit in October. I was hoping for some suggestions, because I feel I am limited to what we can do since I am handicapped. I know my scooter is able to go most places, but I didn't know if someone could suggest a tour or two. Any advice would be great. Thank you in advance! :)

hope2survive
04-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Hi. If you go out to the official Walt Disney World web site and search on Tours, you can navigate to the page about all the avaialble tours and there is a section to filter on the tours that are accessible for guests with different kinds of disabilities. Many are available that are wheelchair and EVC accessible.

That being said, I've done two tours - Keys to the Kingdom at MK and one other that I don't remember the name of at Epcot and I can't find one on the current web site that matches the description.

The Keys to the Kingdom tour is a fun and informative tour if you've never been on one before that initiaties you to some of the culture of Disney, Imagineering, and some of the lore of the Magic Kingdom, as well as getting you backstage. When I did the tour, we went into the Utildors, saw the parade floats up close and personal, and also got to ride several attractions up at the front of the line.

Disney Hungarian
04-17-2012, 08:53 PM
I took my mom on the Keys to the Kingdom tour in February. She is in a wheelchair and I had no probs getting her around. The guide spoke privately to me about what rides she could go on. The only ride that they go on during the tour that she could not transfer into was the Pirates of the Caribbean. I told the guide that they could go on the ride and we would meet them at the exit. The guide said, "no." I did feel bad that the rest of the group missed that ride because of us. Other than that, there were no other problems caused by the wheelchair. They have an elevator in the kitchen of the Columbia Harbor House and an elevator for the "tunnels" part of the tour.

VWL Mom
04-18-2012, 08:00 AM
While it's not exactly a tour have you considered Lunch with an Imagineer? I think it would be a lovely way to spend your anniversary afternoon.

Ms. Mode
04-18-2012, 10:33 AM
We did Backstage Magic last January and LOVED it! It takes all day and a chunk of change though. :)

Tinkerbella16
04-18-2012, 10:51 AM
My mother and I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour and it was awesome! Definately worth the money.. lunch at Columbia Harbour House is included and a nice Key to the Kingdom pin that you can only get if you take the tour. Thats the only one I've done, and I'd recommend it to anyone! :mickey:

Mogie
04-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Do the Animal kingdom Jungle Trek. It's expensive. But it was absolutely amazing!

faline
04-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Lunch with an Imagineer might be a very nice choice. We did this a couple of years ago. It as very fun and informative, the luncheon was delicious, and it required no physical ability whatsoever - except to lift the fork from plate to lips!!

For any of the other tours you are interested in, you might want to contact Disney directly to find out what accommodations are available to someone who uses a chair.