PDA

View Full Version : GF Standard vs. BLT Lake View??

rjmdds
04-17-2012, 02:20 PM
We are throwing around the idea of returning again in November (we just can't seem to get enough of this place!). We ALWAYS stay at the GF and absolutely love it. We are considering though trying the Contemporary Bay Lake Tower this time. The pricing is similar. Any advice? Last time I stayed in the Contemporary was in 1976!

SBETigg
04-17-2012, 03:40 PM
We're also big Grand Floridian fans. We have tried other resorts, but honestly, we usually end up missing the GF. No regrets, because it's good to try new things and then know that we tried and we will be back to the GF. So my advice would be to try something new, but plan a visit to the GF, even if just a meal or shopping trip, to enjoy the surroundings.

Belle of the Ball 051411
04-17-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm also a big fan of the GF. DH and I just love the ambiance and love the great customer service/attention to detail that the GF provides. I think once DH and I have children, we may look to try a different resort, and BLT is on our list (we love staying on the monorail). BLT is very nice and has a great/private pool and is as close as you can get to the MK. I don't think you will regret staying at the BLT; it will just be a difference experience, that's all.

What does your family think?

rjmdds
04-17-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm also a big fan of the GF. DH and I just love the ambiance and love the great customer service/attention to detail that the GF provides. I think once DH and I have children, we may look to try a different resort, and BLT is on our list (we love staying on the monorail). BLT is very nice and has a great/private pool and is as close as you can get to the MK. I don't think you will regret staying at the BLT; it will just be a difference experience, that's all.

What does your family think?

My wife is leaving it up to me. My kids don't care. They just want to go!

Mom on a Mission
04-17-2012, 07:07 PM
We've loved both the GF and Contemporary. We're trying out BLT in August for the first time. We love being so close to MK -- able to walk! and also on the Monorail. We found the Contemporary slightly more convenient to MK, and everywhere else, than GF, because of that. We could walk to the MK and then just take one stop on the MR to get home when we were tired. But there is always something special about the GF. The renovated rooms in the main CR are every bit as nice as GF standard rooms. I'm looking forward to checking out BLT, we're staying in a 1BR suite. Our kids are teens now, and we need a bit of extra room. Good Luck!

Belle of the Ball 051411
04-17-2012, 07:12 PM
You might just need to flip a quarter! Heads=GF, Tails=BLT.