PDA

View Full Version : Need Feedback

disneymom2000
04-16-2012, 03:17 PM
I am taking my goddaughter to Disney for the first time just she and I. She has been a couple of times and hasn't seen about half of the World. I have been >10x and have seen about everything. So this trip I let her do most of the planning (she's 12) but she is mostly picking resort(s), dining and her favorite rides. I on the otherhand have set up a spreadsheet to detail all the time she hasn't used. So tell me if this is tooooo much for our visit and if I should tone it down or if what I have picked is doable. We are both very energetic and survive on minimal sleep.
Day 1: Arrive @1pm to resort. We are planning MVMCP and the dessert party for our first night.
Day 2: Will be EPCOT - Future World in the morning until after lunch and then start on the World Showcase in the afternoon to see the speakers on the different Christmas cultures around the world. We are planning on doing the Candlelight Processional this evening.
Day 3: We are heading back to Magic Kingdom for a while and then we are planning to do Downtown Disney in the early afternoon with Cirque du Soleil that night.
Day 4: Back to EPCOT to do some of the rides and then finish up World Showcase.
Day 5: We are changing resorts so we will pack and leave our luggage to be moved and then we are headed to Sammy Duvall's to parasail - then have a mini-spa day and right after that is the Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian. When we are through with tea we are going to DisneyQuest and I am hoping to catch the Characters in Flight hot air balloon ride while we are still in Downtown Disney.
Day 6: We are headed to Disney Studios and are staying late for the Osbourne lights.
Day 7: Is our Animal Kingdom day. We figure this will be an early day since the park closes a little earlier than the other parks.
Day 8: This is a free day and can do whatever comes along.
Day 9: We are having breakfast at the Castle (if I can swing an ADR for it) and then do a little shopping before heading to the airport to catch our flight home.

I figure I can always catch up with any sleep once I am home but I want this to be a really memorable trip for her since this is a once in a lifetime trip. I was thinking on our free day we could just hope the transportation system and visit all the other resorts to check out their Christmas themes. So what do you think? Too much? Just right? Any other ideas?:cloud9:

Tinkerbella16
04-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Your plans seem great so far! I take it you haven't decided on the resorts you are staying at just yet because your goddaughter is deciding? When are you planning this trip for?

I will be taking my goddaughter next year for her very first trip and she will be 6 years old by then, and I cannot wait. Her mother is coming too (her mom and I are bestfriends) and I am pretty much going to be doing all of the planning and booking since I am the disney freak. My goddaughter is so excited and thats all she talks about when I'm with her. :mickey:

faline
04-16-2012, 04:52 PM
I might suggest putting your free day more in the middle of your trip so you each get a chance to rest up and recharge your batteries as it were.

SBETigg
04-16-2012, 05:26 PM
I might suggest putting your free day more in the middle of your trip so you each get a chance to rest up and recharge your batteries as it were.

I was going to say the same. By the end of the trip, you don't really want the down time because you know you're going home soon. But after a busy first few days, you might really need it. So, consider that or maybe just a little more downtime throughout and not a whole day of it. Not that you are overbooked. The schedule looks good otherwise.

JRocker
04-16-2012, 07:24 PM

:ditto:

Other than that, this sounds great. I love getting the kids (not so much kids anymore...) involved with the planning. I can't wait till my grand-baby reaches that age.

Pirate Granny
04-16-2012, 09:19 PM
You will not be able to see the parade from the dessert party....may I suggest to enjoy the parade & party and do the dessert on the cirque day and move cirque to your day off.

CuteAsMinnie
04-16-2012, 11:11 PM
I would consider doing downtown Disney all in in the same day. Depending on where you are staying, it can be a real pain to get back and forth from there.

How special trip you'll have with your godchild. She'll remember it always:cloud9:
(and you too! :cloud9::cloud9:)

Kairi_7378
04-17-2012, 01:01 AM
I wouldn't do the dessert party at the MVMCP. I would also consider spending only one day in DTD.

HendersonS87
05-12-2012, 12:23 PM
This post made me think again in the plans of the next vacation...
thanks guys

disneymom2000
06-12-2012, 11:04 AM
So after reading all the posts, we decided to have the change over from one resort to the other a slow day. We will do para sailing and a spa day to relax before heading over to our other resort. She decided she wanted to do Wilderness Lodge the first half and Animal Kingdom Lodge for the second half. I usually do all the planning but it was kind of exciting to let her handle parts of it and telling myself this is her visit. I can be a control freak someother time. We are heading down the second week in December so I am really excited. Have already booked most of our ADR's and haven't had a problem except for the EPCOT meals due to the Candlelight Processional packages not being released yet. Other than that - I am ready to go!:woohoo::joy: