PDA

View Full Version : Voices of Liberty coming to Disneyland

Disney4us2
04-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Just saw on the Disneyland Facebook page that the Voices of Liberty are coming to Disneyland. Doesn't say when. They will be at the Opera House.

Does anyone have any details?

BrerGnat
04-16-2012, 05:17 PM
I find this announcement very strange. This particular group just does NOT mesh well (thematically) with Disneyland, IMO. I could see them doing a special Fourth of July performance or something, but I just dunno about them being there permanently.

Melanie
04-16-2012, 05:24 PM
So it will be the 'pre-show' to Mr. Lincoln? Interesting.

MNNHFLTX
04-16-2012, 06:08 PM
It does seem a bit odd. They're the type of group that kind of needs a big backdrop--which is what the American Pavilion is for them. I don't know that the Opera house is quite the same....

Here's what the Disney Parks blog says:

Voices of Liberty Will Soon Ring Out at Disneyland Park (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/04/the-voices-of-liberty-will-soon-ring-out-at-disneyland-park/)

Disney4us2
04-16-2012, 07:17 PM
The Opera House is the closest thing to the American Pavillion at DL. Maybe they will be inside where they show Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. Lots of seats. The area outside the Opera House would make it very congested.

tinkwest
04-16-2012, 08:23 PM
. . . Maybe they will be inside where they show Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. Lots of seats. The area outside the Opera House would make it very congested.

Those were my thoughts as well.

June 15th is the scheduled start date.