PDA

View Full Version : Ohana dinner question...

disneymomma2010
04-15-2012, 11:22 PM
We will finally be eating our first dinner at ohana this september! :D Our reservations are for 8:15 and MK will be closing at 10:00 that night. Im wondering, will we still be inside when wishes start, or will we be able to make it out to the beach by then?

A Big Kid
04-16-2012, 06:38 AM
Two word for you: good luck. Good luck as in good luck being seating at 8:15.

I've never had an ADR past 6:00 that didnt run at least 30 minutes late. Any plans that include Ohana for dinner better include a delayed siting time.

buzznwoodysmom
04-16-2012, 08:30 AM
In the past we've been seated late as well, however, on our last few trips we were seated within minutes of checking in. The meal can take close to two hours tho, especially if you have a large party. When it's just the 4 of us it can still take over an hour and a half. I would ask to be seated by a window. If you can get a window seat you'll be able to watch Wishes from your table if your not done yet, and if you are done then you can head to the beach. Asking for a window seat does not guarantee you will get it, but it won't hurt to ask.

TinkerbellT421
04-16-2012, 08:42 AM
DBF and I have only ever had to wait 15 minutes give or a take for our ADR's. It can be quite busy so it is understandable that ADR's can more often than not be late. However, if you are worried about Wishes, ask to be seated near a window :mickey: DBF and I two trips ago for our ADR I believe it also was a 8:30pmish ADR we got there and had to wait a good 10 or 15 minutes, we were seated at a window without asking and my goodness what a great seat! During the showing of wishes they play the music through the speakers and you can see the whole fireworks display from that far up. It was a great seat. :mickey:

disneymomma2010
04-16-2012, 10:28 PM
It's fine to us either way as long as we can see the fireworks one way or another, however, I'm just afraid our chances of a window seat may be slim because we will be kind of a large party, of 9. But I will try! :thumbsup: Thanks for the info

TinkerbellT421
04-17-2012, 08:30 AM
That's even better there are two tables in the croner for large parties right up against the window and then a table for four then two more large tables. Most of the larger tables are along the windows. And at that time believe it or not the places isn't even half as busy as it is during prime dinner time, atleast that's what we noticed. I think alot of people go eat really quick and then run as fast as they can to get to wishes so I think you're chances could be pretty good. I am not sure but you may be able to request it on your reservation so if it is available they automatically know and may have that table ready for you.

SBETigg
04-17-2012, 10:33 AM
That's even better there are two tables in the croner for large parties right up against the window and then a table for four then two more large tables. Most of the larger tables are along the windows. And at that time believe it or not the places isn't even half as busy as it is during prime dinner time, atleast that's what we noticed. I think alot of people go eat really quick and then run as fast as they can to get to wishes so I think you're chances could be pretty good. I am not sure but you may be able to request it on your reservation so if it is available they automatically know and may have that table ready for you.

I disagree about most people eating early and skedaddling out of there. I think that's the exception not the norm. I've been to 'Ohana quite late and it was still crazy crowded and really backed up. It could go either way, and it's usually the crowded and backed up way, to my experience. For our last 9 pm seating, we were seated at about 10:05, and we showed up twenty minutes early. Plus, a larger party has more limited seating possibilities and if those tables are already taken by large parties, you won't be seated until the tables are available- so it is luck of the draw on timing in that situation. Fingers crossed that it all works out for you, but chances are that it will if you have a view from your table and you don't have to rush out to the beach. I doubt you will be done and out by then.

TinkerbellT421
04-17-2012, 11:27 AM
I disagree about most people eating early and skedaddling out of there. I think that's the exception not the norm. I've been to 'Ohana quite late and it was still crazy crowded and really backed up. It could go either way, and it's usually the crowded and backed up way, to my experience. For our last 9 pm seating, we were seated at about 10:05, and we showed up twenty minutes early. Plus, a larger party has more limited seating possibilities and if those tables are already taken by large parties, you won't be seated until the tables are available- so it is luck of the draw on timing in that situation. Fingers crossed that it all works out for you, but chances are that it will if you have a view from your table and you don't have to rush out to the beach. I doubt you will be done and out by then.

Hmm interesting, DBF and I have had to late night (9:00pm-9:15pm ish ADR's) both times it wasn't even half as busy and we were seated the second we walked in complete opposite as when we go between 5-7pm when we usually wait a good 15-20 minutes. I wonder if it is also partly due to the time of year/not as busy time, we usually go in January?? :confused:
Well, if that is the case I really do hope it works out that you are able to experience it Disneymomma.

SBETigg
04-17-2012, 12:52 PM
I wonder if it is also partly due to the time of year/not as busy time, we usually go in January?? :confused:
Well, if that is the case I really do hope it works out that you are able to experience it Disneymomma.

We're a party of four and we've usually gone in late August, which is a moderately crowded, not crazy crowded, time of year. It could make a difference. But if you read up on the 'Ohana threads, it seems most people have experienced a wait to be seated at all times of the night except for first seating.