PDA

View Full Version : An Introduction

MPTimon
04-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Not finding an official forum to do this I figured this was the right place. If it's not feel free to move it to where it should be.

I've been to WDW 16 times, DL once and taken 2 DCL cruises. Our most recent cruise was this past Oct aboard the Magic on a 7 night western Caribbean voyage.

We are a family of 3, my wife, myself and our 23 year old son. Our son is a childhood leukemia survivor and is classified as PDD NOS (Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not Otherwise Specified) I grew-up watching the original Mickey Mouse Club, Disneyland and the Wonderful World of Color. My first "live" experience with Disney was at the 1964/1965 NY Worlds Fair. This was followed a few years later by my parents packing their 4 youngest children (I'm 1 of 7) & camping equipment into a VW Bus and camping in a tent across the country with our ultimate destination being Disneyland.

We are DVC members having 3 contracts. Our first and biggest is at BCV and 2 smaller ones at OKW.

My next trip is a solo one next month where I'll be meeting friends from another on-line Disney website. I'll be following that with a family trip over the Summer.

TiggeRia
04-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :welcome:

Ed
04-15-2012, 10:05 PM
I'll be meeting friends from another on-line Disney website.
There are OTHER websites ??? :eek:

Just kidding!

:welcome: to Intercot!

We're glad you've found the BEST WDW website. Hope you'll make it your new home. :thumbsup:

vizsla
04-16-2012, 05:18 AM
:mickey: Welcome to Intercot :mickey:

eam
04-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Welcome to intercot!!:wave::wave::wave:

TinkerbellT421
04-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

Very sorry to hear about your son. So glad to hear he is better. My father also had Leukemia so I know how hard it can be.

I hope you guys have a wonderful trip next month and look very forward to reading your trip reports :thumbsup:

Disneymom4ever
04-16-2012, 08:36 AM
WELCOME TO INTERCOT!! I'm sure you'll love it here, it's a GREAT group of people! :welcome:

Dopey's Girl
04-16-2012, 08:41 AM
:welcome:

This is a great bunch of people! Happy to have you join us!

MNNHFLTX
04-16-2012, 10:15 AM

Sounds like you'll fit right in with our Disney-fied group! :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
04-16-2012, 10:35 AM

Here's hoping you find many friends and share many years here with us on Intercot.

princessgirls
04-16-2012, 11:53 AM
:mickey: WELCOME TO INTERCOT!!!!

It's good to have you here!!

Julie:mickey:

ElenitaB
04-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT! :welcome:

DVC2004
04-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Welcome- glad you joined us!:mickey:

faline
04-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Welcome to Intercot!! :mickey:

Lizzy
04-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Welcome! Glad you joined us! :mickey:

Belle of the Ball 051411
04-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Welcome! I just joined last month and have found this board to be so polite and helpful.

BrerGnat
04-18-2012, 10:26 AM
:mickey: Welcome! :mickey:

MPTimon
04-19-2012, 01:07 PM
There are OTHER websites ??? :eek:

Just kidding!

:welcome: to Intercot!

We're glad you've found the BEST WDW website. Hope you'll make it your new home. :thumbsup:Yes Ed, there are other Disney on-line communities. Some are wonderfully warm and welcoming and others are cold and impersonal. Judging by the welcome I've received so far I'd say this is the former. I know I love your sponsor YMJ. Nanc and I have been friends for years.

Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

Very sorry to hear about your son. So glad to hear he is better. My father also had Leukemia so I know how hard it can be. Thank you for the kind words about my son. He's doing wonderfully. I noticed while I mentioned that my son is PDD NOS, I didn't mention that PDD NOS is part of the autistic spectrum.

I hope you guys have a wonderful trip next month and look very forward to reading your trip reports :thumbsup:
I'm sure I will, but it's not us guys. This is a solo trip (sans family). If you've never done it I highly recommend it. It's so liberating to go and do what you want to do and not be concerned about doing someone else's favorite attraction or restaurant, etc. etc. etc... This will be the 2nd time doing it for me.