PDA

View Full Version : Using Disney Rewards Dollars

Airblue1
04-14-2012, 10:27 PM
We plan to use our Disney Rewards Dollars when we arrive. Our plan is to use the dollars to pay our final balance when we check out. Will we be able to do so?
Or is there a limit to how you can use it when you are on the Resort?
Thanks

j2k
04-14-2012, 11:44 PM
You're asking the same question I have. I'm sure someone will come along and answer. :mickey:

mdhiggin
04-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Yes, you can use it that way. I haven't found any place that won't take it in Disney unless they're not Disney owned or only take cash.

Imalismom
04-15-2012, 12:46 AM
I used Disney Reward Dollars to pay for my resort (WL) last October without any trouble at all.

Airblue1
04-15-2012, 01:23 AM
We were thinking more along the lines of your key to the kingdom bill you accumulate at the end of your stay:mickey:mickey::

chrim
04-15-2012, 02:33 AM
I have not done this myself, but here is what I think you can do:

(1) If you are not on a WDW package and need to pay for the remainder of your room only reservation at check-in, you can use your Disney Rewards balance for that.

(2) If you are on a package, or choose to pay for your room some other way, when you check in, you can present your Disney rewards card to the cast member and ask them to set up a credit on your account by transferring all of your reward dollars. You need to do this before your last day, and check-in is likely the easiest time to do this. Once they have set up a credit on your room account, you can use up that money using your Key To The World Card for dining, shopping, bars, park tickets, etc. If you don't spend all of your reward dollars, they should transfer back to your card at check-out. NOTE: Even if you do transfer reward dollars to your account, there is a good chance you will still be asked to put a credit card on file just in case you charge more (by the time you check-out) than you have in reward dollars.

---- I have done this myself on Disney Cruise Line, but not at WDW. Still, I would think the process would be pretty much the same.

j2k
04-15-2012, 03:50 AM
That sounds great. Thanks for the response.

Goofy4TheWorld
04-16-2012, 08:24 AM
You need to have those Reward Points "applied as a credit" on your room account at check-in just to be safe. Otherwise, if you have a credit card on file and you "hit your limit" of $500/1,000/1,500 they will charge your credit card automatically and then you may not have much of a balance left to pay using those Reward Points. If you go ahead and have the points credited on the account during check-in it guarantees you use them all up first.

Scott C
04-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Just wanted to add one caveat. I believe that if you want to pay towards your account balance you need to do so at least the day before check out. I went to apply cash to my balance late the night before check out and I couldn't -- it was explained to be that they were already processing my final bill that would be delivered to me in the am and that I had just missed the deadline. No big deal but it did alter my plans somewhat. I have used my rewards card to pay my balance at the front desk with no problem. last trip we just used our rewards card for each purchase - it was accepted everywhere that we attempted to use it.

Thanks
Scott C

j2k
05-19-2012, 10:11 AM
You need to have those Reward Points "applied as a credit" on your room account at check-in just to be safe. Otherwise, if you have a credit card on file and you "hit your limit" of $500/1,000/1,500 they will charge your credit card automatically and then you may not have much of a balance left to pay using those Reward Points. If you go ahead and have the points credited on the account during check-in it guarantees you use them all up first.

Great information! Definitely adding that to the list. Thanks!

Airblue1
05-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Okay this is what I ended up doing. I would charge everything to the room. Than check my bill every couple of days. Since I was using rewards dollars as my meal plan, we only paid the parts of the bill that had food charges. I just added them up. Then the remaining balance I used my gift cards. I did this three times and it was not a problem and worked without any hitches. You can also see who in your party charged what where and when.
Remember never be afraid to ask:)))

AJ Springfield
05-23-2012, 09:10 AM
I had Disney Visa reward dollars changed into gift cards and will using them when I check in to pay my room balance. We called the Poly and they said that would be fine.

Dyanna
05-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Scott C is correct. They close out your bill the evening before checkout so make sure to go to the front desk, ask for a printout of your purchases & then apply whatever points you want to put towards the final total. The balance will then get charged to the credit card you have on file with them.

Butters
05-23-2012, 03:20 PM
We did this on our last trip it was very easy. The day before my checkout day I went to the main desk with my rewards card and a couple gift cards and they swiped them and took the amount off my room balance I built up with my KTTW card.

A little off topic but sine I upgraded to the premiere visa I will now use my rewards for reimbursing flights since I get 2% on Disney purchases.

Crow
05-26-2012, 08:18 PM
i use my Disney reward dollars for other things in the parks. i have them put in on gc and use it for drinks etc. this time i plan on cashing them in for a TIW card. it will cost me $75 for it w my AP and i have $77 in rewards so its basically free and I will get 20% off meals. well i still had to charge enough to earn those..

CuteAsMinnie
05-26-2012, 10:38 PM
We use our Disney Visa reward points as our spending money a.k.a. For Meals. Between the reward points and the piggy bank $$:cool: , we seldom need to charge much if anything to the room. Makes for no surprises in the bill and makes DH very happy:cloud9: