PDA

View Full Version : Pottermore

DizneyFreak2002
04-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Ok everyone, just thought I'd let all interested parties know that POTTERMORE.COM is now open for everyone to join... I just joined...

if John and the mods don't mind, maybe we can post our Pottermore handles here and add each other as friends, sort of like Intercot did for VMK????

PirateLover
04-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up! Just joined. Waiting for email confirmation:wait:

DizneyFreak2002
04-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up! Just joined. Waiting for email confirmation:wait:

We'll be waiting for a while... LOL... There is a delay due to the flood of registrations...

DizneyFreak2002
04-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Once you get your confirmation email, you then have to wait for another email that lets you know you have been granted access to Pottermore... There are more security levels that Fort Knox LOL..

Anyway, I am in and it seems pretty interesting... Need to navigate it some more, but from what I see, it is very well done.. You can move through the story, beginning with Chapter 1 from Sorcerer's Stone and moving through the Potter story, chapter by chapter, through each book...

If you are a member, friend me... I am:

BloodQuill 14582

Disney Doll
04-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the info! It's been so long I kind of quit checking. Were you notified or did you just stumble on it? I'm waiting on my second email so I can start checking it out.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Waiting on second email.

DizneyFreak2002
04-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the info! It's been so long I kind of quit checking. Were you notified or did you just stumble on it? I'm waiting on my second email so I can start checking it out.

Actually read on another site that Pottermore was open so I went over and registered...

DizneyFreak2002
04-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Waiting on second email.

The first email to confirm registration took several hours... The second email, I don't know how long it took... I was up at 3:00AM waiting for the second email (I got the registration confirmation email at 2:00AM EST) and didn't get it... When i checked my email this morning, 11:30AM EST, I had the email... I did not take notice to what time it was sent/received...

Give it a few hours... I am sure due to demand that there is a back log of confirmation emails and access emails.. I believe they actually enable your account after you verify registration...

PirateLover
04-15-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm IN! My first email took about 10 hrs... Then it took about 8 more hours for the second to come through. I am just logging in now to check it all out!
My name is JinxHallow2847

iluvdumbo
04-15-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm a Beta so I've been on since the end of August. Took a lot of sleepless nights to become one but it was worth it! Friend me: KeyUnicorn202 :)

Ed
04-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Moving this to "Vacations Beyond Disney" and into the Universal Orlando forum.

Please keep your arms and legs inside the thread until we come to a full and complete stop....

DizneyFreak2002
04-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Got my wand and I have been sorted... Gryffindor!!!

TiggeRia
04-16-2012, 07:47 AM
Just did the initial sign up. Waiting for my first email.

DizneyFreak2002
04-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Ria, did you get your confirmation and acceptance emails???

TiggeRia
04-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Got the first....waiting for the second!

Dragongirlx
04-17-2012, 03:58 AM
I am in and have got a wand

Laurel with a phoneix feather core
12.5 inches and surprisingly swishy

didnt get much further as I had to leave to get to work on time - pesky work getting in the way of fun again

I am StarBat21264 if anyone wants to friend me

NJGIRL
04-17-2012, 06:34 AM
Ok everyone, just thought I'd let all interested parties know that POTTERMORE.COM is now open for everyone to join... I just joined...

if John and the mods don't mind, maybe we can post our Pottermore handles here and add each other as friends, sort of like Intercot did for VMK????

DizneyFreak...This was OK'd, but I am moving it to the Tech, Software & Web section. Everyone can continue the discussion there. :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
04-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Ruth, I added you... BloodQuill14582

DizneyFreak...This was OK'd, but I am moving it to the Tech, Software & Web section. Everyone can continue the discussion there. :thumbsup:

Thanks!!! I didn't think about putting this thread here because it wasn't Disney... and then when i saw it moved to Universal Resort section, I thought, HUH?? LOL....

Dragongirlx
04-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Ruth, I added you... BloodQuill14582

Thanks
I will add you when I get home from work

Patricia
04-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Wow, you took the scenic route to get here. I think your thread is safe in this forum and won't be moved again.

You may share your user names.
Please, remember to remove any info in your Icot profiles you don't want public. Play safe!

Thanks!

DizneyFreak2002
04-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Wow, you took the scenic route to get here. I think your thread is safe in this forum and won't be moved again.

You may share your user names.
Please, remember to remove any info in your Icot profiles you don't want public. Play safe!

Thanks!

Yep, the view from the Hogwarts Express was lovely this time of year... :D

TiggeRia
04-17-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm in! My name is MistFrog10574. I've been sorted into Gryffindor :thumbsup: and my wand is Dogwood with a Phoenix feather core, 10 3/4 inches, hard. Yay :)

IloveJack
04-17-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm also waiting on my second email. First one too mere seconds; second, not so much. My username is DraconisSnitch21398, if anyone wants to friend me.

DizneyFreak2002
04-17-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm also waiting on my second email. First one too mere seconds; second, not so much. My username is DraconisSnitch21398, if anyone wants to friend me.

I think, for some reason, they are actually manually approving accounts... There should be no reason for emails to take so long unless people are manually reviewing your information and approving... Which may be possible...

DizneyFreak2002
04-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Ria: request sent... And welcome to Gryffindor... I'm still trying to figure out how to make potions... I keep failing...

Susan, I accepted your request...

Disney Hungarian
04-17-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how to make potions... I keep failing...
I had probs there too. I did a youtube search for "pottermore potions practise" and found more than enough help.

I am "MidnightPatronus14779"
I finished the first book and was rather disappointed in Pottermore. I was looking forward to more original content from J.K.

NJGIRL
04-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Thanks!!! I didn't think about putting this thread here because it wasn't Disney... and then when i saw it moved to Universal Resort section, I thought, HUH?? LOL....

Yes, I saw it was moved before and now again. I guess we really don't have a exact place for it and are trying to put it where it has the best opportunity for discussion. Hopefully I have it right this time. :thumbsup:

Dragongirlx
04-18-2012, 05:53 AM
I have now been sorted and I am in Slytherin
I got through the potions bit
finding how to wave my wand took some time but if anyone is stuck on that bit its in front of the spell book and you can click and wave it
I am now stuck on casting spell
If anyone can help with that I'd be grateful
I am StarBat21264

DizneyFreak2002
04-18-2012, 11:36 AM
I had probs there too. I did a youtube search for "pottermore potions practise" and found more than enough help.

I am "MidnightPatronus14779"
I finished the first book and was rather disappointed in Pottermore. I was looking forward to more original content from J.K.

I'll have to check that out Sean, thanks!!!! And I do have to agree... I thought there would be a lot more content than there is... Only the first book is available... I do like how you have to interact with the scene to unlock JK's messages though...

The site has potential... I cannot judge based on what we have to visit though... Knowing JK being the perfectionist she is, Pottermore will grow and be just fine... Also, I wouldn't expect a whole load of new content... She is, after all, putting together the Official Harry Potter encyclopedia... She won't give everything for free... You'll have to buy the book for the big information...

BTW, I sent you a friend request...

DizneyFreak2002
04-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Yes, I saw it was moved before and now again. I guess we really don't have a exact place for it and are trying to put it where it has the best opportunity for discussion. Hopefully I have it right this time. :thumbsup:

I think tech is actually fine even though this isn't Disney related... But yet, in a way, it is.. the Potter movies are shown on ABC Family which is owned by Disney... kind of 6 degrees of separation going on here... :)

WishesFan13
04-18-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one excited about pottermore. I haven't had much time to go on and most is being done from my iphone so it's a little hard to do some of the stuff, like i couldn't get my key for my gringott's vault i had to go on the computer. Oh well I'll just have to spend more time on the computer i guess. I haven't been sorted yet i just got my wand, which is 11 inches ebony with a phoenix feather core. I'm HollyVine20241.

IloveJack
04-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Well... I'm a Hufflepuff. How did that happen? :blush: Oh well, better a Hufflepuff than a muggle. Right?
I'm enjoying the (big) tidbits. The short, one-liners annoy me. I really don't need to know that so-and-so is someone Harry meets in Diagon Alley. Pretty sure I read that in a book somewhere. The background, I didn't know that, stuff is what I'm looking for. Just wish there was more of it.

starryeyes21
04-20-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm a Hufflepuff too! I've been on the site since mid August. I've kind of explored everything and I was hoping that they would put more stuff up. My name is WildDream89. See you in the common room.

Kairi_7378
04-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Just got in... I'm BronzeStar707.

DizneyFreak2002
04-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Not doing so well in the wizard duels... still need to figure out how to do those things LOL... Well, tonight is TV night so maybe tomorrow night I'll finish up the first book to see what else is lurking there... Then I guess it is practicing potions and duels until Book 2 opens... unless there are other things I'm just not seeing right now... Need to explore more...

DizneyFreak2002
04-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Here is a bit posted o Mugglenet from Pottermore CEO Charlie Redmayne... He talks about the site and what is in store for the future... I read a few threads and people all say the same thing: there isn't much to do on the site... Well, he doesn't get into specifics, but he addresses it:

On April 15th, the CEO of the interactive Harry Potter website, Pottermore (http://www.pottermore.com/), spoke at the London Book Fair's Digital Minds Conference. During this conference, he spoke about Pottermore's statistics, features, releases, and the future of the site. You can hear his whole speech in the image above.
Here are some of the most interesting points:
- 97% of beta users looked at every single page of the site and content.
- Average Pottermore user spent (spends) 47 minutes on the site.
- New books in line over the next few weeks and months.
- Fans mostly come to the site to read J.K. Rowling’s new content
- Over the next few weeks they will be switching their focus from platform issues to content issues, in which the site is going to get ‘incredibly exciting’ and his job will become ‘much more exciting.’ He also commented that the site will get ‘better and better and better'
- Over the coming weeks you will see more of J.K. Rowling’s content and books ‘fly by’
- New interactives and community functionalities will be added in the coming weeks as well.
- He is constantly thinking about a digital future for Harry Potter on all platforms – tablets, phones, etc. He thinks that they should be thinking about what they can do on Facebook and YouTube.
- Could be seeing ‘enhanced’ ebooks coming down the line in the next year.