PDA

View Full Version : Need opinons - BLT vs Kidani Grand Villa

williabt
04-14-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm desperately seeking opinons to help determine which option we want to go with. here's the scoop-

15th anniversary trip - myself, husband, four kids (12/8/4/2) and grandmother.

6nights at BLT Grand Villa
or
6nights Kidani Grand villa Savannah View
or
7nights Kidani Grand Villa Standard View

I'm tempted to go with the extra night and lesser view but would hate to be looking at the parking lot. Also, how much of an issue is transportation from kidani?

thanks for all the help.

dixielandings
04-14-2012, 06:24 PM
We just stayed at KV in October and this September, we're staying at BLT. I'm much more excited about BLT. AKL is beautiful as long as you're looking at animals out of your window, but it is remote. If you like that sort of thing, go for it. I much prefer being closer to the action and having a nice lake to look at. With a Grand Villa, you'll have plenty of room at either place.

Have fun!

GAN
04-15-2012, 06:35 AM
I'm thinking for me -I would go with BLT, especially given you have a 2 & 4yo(and GM). Monorail resorts provide great flexibility. AKL is beautiful and transportation is pretty good overall, but it's still easier/relaxing going with a monorail resort IMO. Besides, you could easily hop on a bus from MK to AKL to visit one afternoon/evening -and possibly have a nice anniversary dinner at Jiko with a drink in the Victoria Falls lounge!

goofy89
04-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Another vote for BLT. I had an amazing stay there in January '11. Rooms were gorgeous and you just can't beat being able to cross the bridge into the Contemporary lobby and hop on the monorail! :cloud9:

ThanxForNoticin
04-17-2012, 12:47 PM
All things being equal, I would definitely recommend AKL. However, with a family trip like your taking, and with the kids (and the assumption you'll be spending a good bit of time at the MK), I'd recommend BLT for the location. It's really hard to beat the short walk to and from MK. Hope you have a great time!

Belle of the Ball 051411
04-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Baylake Tower!