PDA

View Full Version : renting points from "The Timeshare Store"

disneymom15
04-14-2012, 11:32 AM
Can anyone tell me how this process works? Is there a limit to the number of points you can rent? Any idea on the price per point? Are the people at "The Timeshare Store" easy to work with? Looks like we would need a minimum of 26 points.

DizneyRox
04-14-2012, 11:50 AM
They are a middleman. DVC members would offer up a certain number of points to TTS, TTS then finds people who want them.

You can rent as many as a member offers up.

Last I saw, they were $12 a point, but I bet everything is negotiable (or should be).

Going through them though gives the renter a little more piece of mind, they can make the transaction smoother by holding the money in an account from the renter while giving the rentee assurance the the member won't cancel the reservation on them.

My dealings with TTS was satisfactory...

nat
04-18-2012, 06:08 PM
I just rented points ($12.00 BWV) for a two bedroom with The Timeshare Store. I was very satisfied with them. Jamie was the main person who took care of my transaction and answered all my questions, this was the first time I have rented points. I would highly recommend them and as stated, I felt more secure using them as oppose to going through a private party.

faline
04-18-2012, 08:16 PM
We purchased our DVC points through the Timeshare Store. Our experience was nothing but wondeful. I would not hesitate to use them for any transaction - including renting points.