PDA

View Full Version : Animator's Palate at AoA?

Red Randal
04-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Let's play some good idea/bad idea.

Should Disney eventually expand the Art of Animation Resort to include some variation of the Animator's Palate restaurant found on all Disney cruise ships?

YES! It fits the theme perfectly and since Disney is offering a bit more "premium" accommodations in the form of family suites so they should also offer a sit-down restaurant, even if it's more casual than the version on the DCL. :thumbsup:

NO! Animator's Palate is a special experience for DCL and should not be cheapened by getting added to a WDW resort. Plus value resorts can't support a sit-down restaurant anyway. :mad:

PopPhan
04-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Although I don't think it to be a "horrible idea," I don't think that putting a TS restaurant in a "Value" resort, whether it be more 'upscale' or not, would be appropriate.

I would think DHS would be a better location for something like that, and I would be very willing to use TS credits there!

One of the reasons that those resorts are considered "value" is that the expense of a full TS restaurant is saved (as well as a lot of other 'amenities')

Niecyboo
04-12-2012, 11:03 AM
I think the biggest problem with putting AP on land is that the whole show is timed. This means they would have to have specific seating times instead of the varied seating times you see at all other Disney restaurants. This would be very hard to do at a resort, and probably not cost effective.

Disney also has 3 different variations of AP at this point. The Dream and the Fantasy experience are very different from the Magic and Wonder and also quite different from each other.

brownie
04-12-2012, 11:51 AM
I think maybe incorporating some elements would be good but I don't think they should transplant the whole thing into a value resort.

Ms. Mode
04-12-2012, 11:58 AM
I think it's a good idea!

I'll probably never go on a cruise so I'd love to have it available in a resort. Also, AoA is a "value with a twist" type of resort. :thumbsup:

DVC2004
04-12-2012, 04:13 PM
I think a "modified" version at the quick service/food court would go, the colors could change, some wall or picture scenes. Or maybe a lounge/drink area. Like someone else said, since on the cruise ship it's timed it wouldn't work exactly the same at hotel or land restaurant. I don't think a table service restaurant fits at the Values though. I wouldn't take a special trip out to see that unless I was staying there.

DizneyFreak2002
04-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Leave it for the cruise ships... I'm sick of Disney cloning everything... Leave some things special for crying out loud...

disneymom2000
04-12-2012, 10:11 PM
It wouldn't HAVE to be a TS restaurant. It could just be a themed restaurant with similar animation on the walls of a counter service. It would fit the resort and have a little ambiance.

dizneydeb22
04-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Leave it for the cruise ships... I'm sick of Disney cloning everything... Leave some things special for crying out loud...

I don't think it's a matter of cloning. Not everyone can afford a Disney Cruise. It would be nice if more people were able to see the magic, even if modified.

I was mesmorized by it on the cruise, but because of the expense, I don't know if my son will ever get a chance to see it.

I think a modified version is the best idea.