PDA

View Full Version : just had to tell someone!

LandFan
04-11-2012, 08:58 PM
I know this is really silly but I just found out that I can carry 2 personal days over to the next school year (I'm a teacher) and not just one day. So when added to the three days we get a year, I can actually take (5 days) a whole week of vacation every other year now - at ANYTIME during the year!

It used to be only 4 days total which is one reason we really liked the week after thanksgiving - not too crowded, expensive or hot and it only 4 days to make the week as I am from PA and our kids always get that Monday off for the start of hunting season.

The best part is that we have a trip scheduled during free dining at the end of September using only 4 days but now I can make it the whole week! I just got off the phone and they extended it 2 more nights for me. This also means I have a LOT more flexibility on my way back (flight-wise) YAY

How cool! I work hard and seldom take or need sick days so this is really cool for us for the future. We don't always want to be stuck traveling during the hot summer months.

Just sayin' :cloud9:

Belle of the Ball 051411
04-11-2012, 09:08 PM
That's terrific!!! Enjoy your well-deserved week off!

Dopey's Girl
04-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Yeah for extra days off!

IloveDisney71
04-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Congrats!!! I'm a teacher too so I totally understand your excitement! It's so hard for us to take off. I only get 2 personal days a year. If I take off any other days I have to be "sick" and hope nobody finds out. :( It's not realistic to think people only need 2 days off during a 180 day work year. :confused: Yes, I know we get 2 months off during the summer but it's nice to be able to go places during the "off season" like other people get to do.:thumbsup: Enjoy your vacation with the mouse!:mickey:

LandFan
04-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
04-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Good for you!!! :wave:

Vickie46
04-15-2012, 11:38 AM
That is awesome! I know you have to be so excited!!!!:mickey: