PDA

View Full Version : YC Questions

Mitzie
04-11-2012, 11:55 AM
DH and I are headed back at the end of October. We just love the F&W fest. Last week we took advantage of a bounce back that was in our room and booked YC standard view club level at 35% off. We really wanted to stay club level and that was the only view aval. The Disney web site states that it can have views of the parking lot or roof top...Has anyone stayed in one of those locations at YC? How bad is it? We are kind of hoping for free dining or something else to come out that we can still have a discount of some kind on a club level room there. We really would like a garden view room, club level.

My in-laws will be joining us for our two nights at YC and will be arriving ahead of us. I was wondering if Disney has a policy against fishing in the lake by YC. I was thinking that my father-in-law could bring his own pole and bait and caste a line off one of the piers or a bridge in that area. We know that it is catch and release.

SBETigg
04-11-2012, 12:57 PM
We had a BC club level room with a rooftop view. It wasn't bad. If you enjoy spending time on your balcony, probably not ideal, but for just looking out to see the weather or whatever, it was manageable. Plus, it was a very large room with a king bed, so that was nice. I guess it depends on what you want. Sometimes, we like having a decent view, but for that trip it worked for us, no problems.

spoiledraf
04-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Your father in law can do all the fishing he wants...for about $110 an hour! No fishing is permitted in the Epcot resort area. You have to take one of the fishing excursions which I believe are up to $260 for two hours and $410 for four hours. (posted rate) Guests staying at Disney resorts get a 15% discount on that rate. I've gone a number of times but the fishing has seemed to have tailed off the last few years for what ever reason so I have a hard time shelling out that kind of money anymore. But you can see the size of some of the whoppers in that lake along the Boardwalk. They are in there but I just can't seem to catch them! Another downer is, I was informed by a CM the guide job is a bid job and you don't necessarily have to know much about fishing to get the job. It's also a low hours position so some of the guides I had years ago have transferred to other jobs to up their income. Maybe more info than you wanted but I just thought I would throw it out there. :fish: