PDA

View Full Version : Cakes

Airblue1
04-11-2012, 08:44 AM
Has anyone gone through the Disney cake ordering procedure? If you do not mind could you please explain where you order it from, what type you ordered (like podium with a name on it), what u thought of the quality of the cake such as taste or appearance, and a ball park figure of the final cost (if u do not mind).
Much Appreciation for your feedback:mickey:

AgentC
04-11-2012, 10:23 AM
I have ordered a couple of cakes. The podium cake was the simplest. I asked at the desk when we got there. It was fine.Nothing special. I think they are currently about $21.

Last October I ordered a custom cake from the Grand Floridian Bakery for my son's birthday and had it served at 1900 Park Fare. Here are two pictures of it

http://cindysdisneypics.shutterfly.com/pictures/10

http://cindysdisneypics.shutterfly.com/pictures/16

To order I called the Grand Floridian Bakery (google- custom cakes Disney and you will find a site with all the numbers) Certain bakeries service certain location. You need to make sure the location out want is available.

I left a message for the cake coordinator. She called me back and we discussed the details. I left most of the design up to her. We then emailed a couple of times to confirm the details.

We were very happy with the cake. It was a 6 in round and was more than enough for the 5 of us. We snacked on it for a couple of days. It was $55 with butter cream frosting. Fondant increases the price substantially.

I am ordered another cake from the GF for my daughter's birthday next week by email. This time I am going with a mini 2 tier cake since we have having it at tea and do not want to deal with bringing leftovers back to our room. The bottom tier is 3 in round. It is $35 covered with butter cream.

Hope this helps.

buzznwoodysmom
04-11-2012, 10:49 AM
I've ordered two cakes in the past. I don't know the number, but I called a "cake hotline" number to place my order a few weeks before our trip.

The first cake was for my and DH's 10th anniversary. I ordered a yellow cake with fresh strawberries and custard filling. I had the cake decorated in white and black with just a bit of red. I didn't ask for specific decorations other than the colors I wanted and for it to say "10th Anniversary" somewhere on the cake, I left the rest up to the baker. The cake was amazing, and very pretty. I had that one delivered to Yachtman Steakhouse. I believe the cost was around $50.

The second cake I ordered was for my son's 9th birthday. For that one I ordered a chocolate Mickey head cake. That one was delivered to Whispering Canyon Cafe, and cost around $40. That cake was also amazing, super moist!

I was very satisfied with both cakes, and thought the pricing was decent.