PDA

View Full Version : What to do with "stuff" at Castaway Cay

tinkman
04-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Cruising next week and had a thought. On our Castaway Cay day we're planning to swim and relax. My question is...what do you do with your stuff, like cameras, cabin card key, things like that. The cabin key is the most important since you need it to get on and off the ship and, of course, support the waiters that walk up and down the beach getting you drinks! Are there lockers or do you feel safe leaving things behind on your beach chair while taking a dip?

buzznwoodysmom
04-10-2012, 01:47 PM
For the card I'd think some sort of lanyard would be a safe bet. This way you have it with you at all times. As for the rest of the stuff, I'd just leave in on a chair.

DVC2004
04-10-2012, 01:49 PM
I brought a beach bag and the important stuff was inside, left it on my chair and no one messed with it. I agree about the lanyard for the card, but if you are swimming or snorkeling you may want to put that in your bag, too.

Ed
04-10-2012, 09:37 PM
The KTTW card is waterproof; I just keep mine in a pocket in my bathing suit that closes with velcro.

Everything else I simply leave in a bag on my chair or hammock. Never had a problem, and never heard of anyone else having stuff "disappear".

MargaretMessler
04-29-2012, 05:14 PM
I brought a beach bag and the important stuff was inside, left it on my chair and no one messed with it. I agree about the lanyard for the card, but if you are swimming or snorkeling you may want to put that in your bag, too.

We bought lanyards with a water tight container while on our Disney Cruise, wore it around our neck on banana boat rides, swimming, etc. Plenty of room for KTTW card, ID and a credit card. I even managed to fit a couple of ibuprofen in there. Just in case.

GoldenDreams
05-31-2012, 12:59 PM
We too just left our stuff in a beach bag on a chair and no one messed with it.

They take your picture when you are boarding and so even if you somehow lost your card, I think you'd be able to get back on board without too much hassle. I could be wrong and I certainly wouldn't want to test the theory, but that's my impression.