PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever flown to Orlando just to shop Downtown Disney?

acetate
04-10-2012, 12:11 PM
If so how did you get to downtown Disney from the airport...and back again? Just curious. Been day dreaming about doing this if a cheap SouthWest ticket comes up. I got the fever. lol.

buzznwoodysmom
04-10-2012, 01:45 PM
While I've never done this I would think getting a rental car for the day would be your cheapest route. This way you have the car for the day should you decide to go somewhere else.

I can't imagine going all that way to shop at DTD, but have fun if you do it!!

acetate
04-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Never really thought about it til our kid went down to Stetson University for an interview. It's about an hour north of Orlando. He went down and back the same day and it only cost the round trip airfare which was 279.00. I thought maybe I could do that but head over to Downtown Disney. I'd be there by 11am and could stay till roughly 8pm. Loads of shopping and cool places to eat. We've done a similar shopping day in New York for less, but....Disney ! Might have to try it.

Belle of the Ball 051411
04-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Renting a car would probably be the cheapest route, as opposed to getting a taxi to-and-from.

If only we all had private jets to jump on when "the fever" hits us!

tazlikesrobots
04-10-2012, 03:59 PM
If only we all had private jets to jump on when "the fever" hits us!

Or teleportation :)

Vickie46
04-14-2012, 06:07 PM
sounds like fun!

EeyoresBestFriend
04-16-2012, 10:27 PM
OMG!! I would LOVE to do this, although I could never afford too.

I would be in Earl of Sandwiches in a heartbeat!! :D

After all the comments we receive about "going to WDW again?!?!?" I could just imagine the reactions I'd get if they knew I was just going down to shop!! :funny:

GBBT
04-22-2012, 12:22 AM
We tried Earl last year and it's a must do from now on!The best sandwich we had at DW hands down!

minnie04
04-23-2012, 03:15 PM
WOW!! What a great idea!!! I would have to say rent a car, so you could go to the outlets too. hummm your giving me ideas here and my DH isnt going to like it :D I will be right back. im going to look at the air fair right now just to see... :thumbsup:

I know I live in Florida, but who wants to drive 3 hours to shop. When you can jump on a plane and be there in no time...

MissMaryPoppins
05-02-2012, 07:58 PM
That sounds really fun! I agree that your best bet would be to rent a car. That way if you wanted to go shop in a resort or some where else you could. It would also be so much easier to get yourself back to the airport when you're ready. At Christmas time I always thought it would be fun to go down to shop for unique gifts. Now that I'm living near Disney I can do that but on the pasti would have loved to come down for a shopping day. If you can do it I say go for it!