PDA

View Full Version : 2013 WDW Marathon Weekend Registration is Open

dnickels
04-10-2012, 11:44 AM
The title says it all, 2013 Disney World Marathon Weekend registration is now open. :number1:

Just filled out my registration, another goofy challenge for me.

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/rundisney/wdw-marathon/

like2workout
04-11-2012, 09:08 AM
ill be doing the goofy challenge as well!

badkitty
04-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Way to go Goofy challengers! I'm debating on signing up for the full marathon or the half. I completed my first ever 1/2 marathon this year at the WDW Marathon weekend and I'm running in the Disneyland 1/2 in September. I'm hooked now. :secret: Just not sure that I have a full marathon in me.

like2workout
04-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Way to go Goofy challengers! I'm debating on signing up for the full marathon or the half. I completed my first ever 1/2 marathon this year at the WDW Marathon weekend and I'm running in the Disneyland 1/2 in September. I'm hooked now. :secret: Just not sure that I have a full marathon in me.

badkitty, i say go for it! this year was my first full after running the half in dw the prior 2 years. both years i thought i could never do a full. but once i decided to sign up and got it in my mind that i could, i didn't have any problems at all. it's a great experience, and disney does so many things to keep the run exciting along the way. you'll love it if you do it!

SteveL
04-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Decided to walk the half marathon for my 60th birthday.
I'm well under the 16 minute minimum pace, so I should be OK.
Don't care how I finish as long as I finish.

dnickels
07-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Exactly 6 months from today to the Half Marathon and 6 months + a day to the full. Still plenty of time for anyone sitting on the fence to get in shape for the race(s)! :number1:

cer
07-12-2012, 03:05 PM
My husband and I are going! It will be our first marathon! Purchased our flights yesterday. :thumbsup:

A Big Kid
07-12-2012, 07:45 PM
I have to miss it this year. :(

I report to the FBI Academy on January 12 for three months.

dnickels
10-04-2012, 08:31 AM
As of this morning we are.....
100 days from the half marathon and 101 until the full.

Hope all those signed up are healthy and doing well with their training! :number1:

Melanie
10-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Good luck on training everyone!

Even though we've moved from Florida, my hubby just couldn't resist signing up. He got in just before the Goofy filled up, so we are heading down for a very quick weekend. Can't wait to be in the MK again very early to cheer on the runners. I LOVE that! :cheer:

dnickels
11-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Two months from today til the half marathon! Looks like about 6 of us from the responses so far. Hope everyone is healthy and feeling good. :number1:

cer
11-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Training is going great! :thumbsup:

Beginning to get a little concerned about what the running temps are going to be and making sure we have the right gear to run in the cold!

Thank you, Stormchaser and Intercot for the updates on the weather and the historical temperatures on info central.

dnickels
01-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Almost here guys! By this time next week I plan to be soundly asleep and ready for that 3 AM alarm.

Weather forecast looks perfect at the moment. Forecast lows around 58-60 for Saturday & Sunday with low rain chances. Fingers crossed and I know a lot can change in a week but that'd be absolutely perfect race weather as far as I'm concerned.

badkitty
01-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Best of luck to all! I chickened out of the full but I'll be cheering everyone on. I thought it would be fun to run the 5K so I'll be up early Friday morning to run through EPCOT. YAY!

Melanie
01-05-2013, 02:23 PM
dnickels, my hubby said the same thing about the weather. Exactly what he likes to run in. Fingers crossed it doesn't change much.

We're leaving on Wednesday and most likely driving all the way through to get there early Thursday and head straight to the Expo. Woot! So excited.

Good luck to you all!!! I'll be cheering hard for you. :cheer:

badkitty
01-05-2013, 02:33 PM
The weather forecast is definitely better than the cold last year!