PDA

View Full Version : Your Thoughts on Paradise Pier

DVC2004
04-09-2012, 01:09 PM
So, we are going end of May for 3 nights and I have a suite reserved at Embassy Suites Anaheim South. I was checking back on rates and saw that for my dates they seemed to have dropped a little. Paradise Pier is only about $100-$150 more TOTAL for the stay compared to what I reserved. I'm really going back and forth about this because we have always stayed on property. I like the Embassy has suites, the full breakfast and evening cocktails complimentary. We have 2 teen boys so the extra space is nice, not required, and the full breakfast will save us some money.

IDK I feel weird not staying on site I guess. We've stayed at both Grand Cal and Disneyland Hotel and enjoyed them both. PP seems sort of...generic to me. I'd like to know others thoughts and if they stayed there. The pool I saw looked pretty basic. The standard room did, too. Maybe I should stay where I am.

What would you do?

BrerGnat
04-09-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't like it enough to recommend it over what you currently have booked. Now, if that price difference was for a Concierge Level room at the PPH, then I'd say yes. However, giving up the extra space and breakfast/evening cocktails doesn't seem worth it "just" to stay on property. The pool at PPH is pretty awful, to be honest. Not that the Embassy Suites will have a better pool, but it's just not worth upgrading for.

DVC2004
04-09-2012, 01:55 PM
I don't like it enough to recommend it over what you currently have booked. Now, if that price difference was for a Concierge Level room at the PPH, then I'd say yes. However, giving up the extra space and breakfast/evening cocktails doesn't seem worth it "just" to stay on property. The pool at PPH is pretty awful, to be honest. Not that the Embassy Suites will have a better pool, but it's just not worth upgrading for.

Thanks- I feel the same, I was thinking well if it was Concierge... but for that price I can stay at Disneyland Hotel. I don't think we'll be using the pool really at either place and I didn't think the restaurant looked that hot either. But since I've never stayed there I wasn't sure. I appreciate your input!

BrerGnat
04-09-2012, 06:03 PM
One of PP's greatest weaknesses is the fact that there is nowhere really to get a quick bite to eat (i.e. something more substantial than a muffin, bagel, or piece of fruit). There is no CS location there.

The two times I stayed there, it was Concierge Level, so that wasn't so much a problem for us.

The other major weakness is the pool area. Disney really ought to be ashamed of that one...

disneydementia
04-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Stayed there once and loved the fact that every morning the cast members at the desk greeted us and sent us off with great fanfare. Then whenever we returned they wanted to know all about our day. Even gave us a special Paradise Pier pin because they got such a big kick out of us!