PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Runners

Mr.Boardwalk
04-09-2012, 11:00 AM
When you make your trip to Disney World,

Where do you usually like to run/work out during that week?

My DW and I were wondering if you can jog early mornings at places like DTD and the Boardwalk (like 5am early).

Not sure if thats allowed?

Just curious as to where you typically run during your trip?

Thanks

buzznwoodysmom
04-09-2012, 11:21 AM
When you make your trip to Disney World,

Where do you usually like to run/work out during that week?

My DW and I were wondering if you can jog early mornings at places like DTD and the Boardwalk (like 5am early).

Not sure if thats allowed?

Just curious as to where you typically run during your trip?

Thanks

Most resorts have some sort of jogging trail. DH always says he is going to go running in the mornings on our trips, but it rarely happens. LOL. He as run a few times, at WL, Poly, and CBR. There may have been a few others, but I remember him going for a run at those resorts.

Maleficent's Dad
04-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Our favorite loop is the Boardwalk. You can add miles by hitting the street section and looping around the Sw/Dol, YC/BC. Or to keep off the roads run to/from DHS.

Ask at any front desk and they have prescribed routes. You don't have to stick to these, but they're a good guide.

You can run at any time - no one will give you grief. We usually run any time between 5:30 and 6:30 each morning.

TikiLounger
04-09-2012, 12:38 PM
I run wherever I can depending on where I'm staying. I DO love the trail from the Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness. It's one of my favorites. I've also run the Boardwalk during our stays at The Beach Club. The path to DHS is so nice, too. I also really enjoyed running at Fort WIlderness when we stayed in one of the cabins. Early morning is great. The temperatures are bearable and it's nice to get my run out of the way so I'm not thinking about it all day (I tend to feel guilty around 3 or 4 pm if I haven't gotten my miles in for the day). I don't worry TOO much, though. A Disney World vacation is all about a LOT of walking. So? It's all good.

And. Mark my words...I WILL be participating in one of the Disney World half marathons someday soon. I was hoping to do The Tower of Terror 10 Miler in Sept, but our schedule didn't allow. So? there's always next year!

Christine
04-09-2012, 01:23 PM
I have run at BLT, SSR, and boardwalk (crescent lake). I LOVE it. I don't know that you could (or should) run dtd though. I'd be careful about that one. My favorite- SSR. It's a great run that's big enough you don't feel like you're running in circles.

Maleficent's Dad
04-09-2012, 01:43 PM
I have run at BLT, SSR, and boardwalk (crescent lake). I LOVE it. I don't know that you could (or should) run dtd though. I'd be careful about that one. My favorite- SSR. It's a great run that's big enough you don't feel like you're running in circles.
The path to DTD is on the running map that the front desk will give you. It's one of three possible loops at the EPCOT resorts.

Mr.Boardwalk
04-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks for all the great advice guys!! Getting pumped to go running around the world! :walk: