PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs Resort

crystalcrystal
04-09-2012, 03:23 AM
We are staying at the Coronado Springs Resort for our 1st time at Disney World and we are excited. We choose this resort mainly because we wanted queen size beds, but it looks like a lovely resort.

We have booked a standard room at this resort.

My question is -- we are considering upgrading if we can to a preferred room but don't know if it is worth it. When we inquired about a preferred room, I have read it could mean we get a better view, which is not really important to us, but it also mentioned could be closer to the restaurants or bus stops and we aren't sure if this is needed or warrants $300 more for the upgrade.

I did inquire and apparently they have golf carts to take you around the resort and you can always hop on the bus to take you to the entrance or walk which can be 1/2 mile or less to the main lobby.

From what I see -- each of the 3 accommodation areas of this resort all have pros and cons.

Has any body stayed here that might have opinions on this?

LVT
04-09-2012, 07:13 AM
We only did one stay. It was at Casistas #3 prefered. I felt that being nearer bus stop 2 was worth it for the short term trip.

It was still a 5 min walk to food court, but we don't go there much, so bus to room was my main attraction.

Mickey'sGirl
04-09-2012, 07:56 AM
We loved the Coronado Springs when we stayed there, but we couldn't have been further from the main building if we planned it. If we stay there again, I will definitely pay for a preferred room.

BelleBeauty
04-09-2012, 10:17 AM
I would not upgrade now but put a request on your reservation to be in Casitas 3 or 4. This is near bus stop #2 (which is actually the first pick up and drop off location on the loop around), and it is not a far walk from the main building. It is a bit of a hike to the pool, but I'm not sure how much you will be there. We were very happy with this location without the view. The entire resort was very peaceful (even though we went the week before Thanksgiving) and we barely saw other guests. I don't think you need to pay the extra $300. Spend it on a nice meal!

hauntedmansiongirl
04-09-2012, 02:37 PM
We stayed in the Ranchos- I think that it was building #7. It was one of the furthest buildings away from the lobby etc. But we didn't mind it at all! The walk is very pleasant with beautiful landscaping and scenery- lots of flowers and butterflies on the way. We were 5 minutes from a quiet pool and laundry and 2 minutes from a bus stop. If we were to go again I definitely wouldn't spend the money on a preferred location!!

Have a great time!! You'll love CSR!!! :mickey:

Ms. Mode
04-09-2012, 03:51 PM
We stayed at CSR in January for the first time and I LOVED it. We did have a preferred room (Cabana B) because we like to be close to the "hub" as we call it. However, there are several bus stops that make it a convenient walk from just about anywhere. It's a beautiful resort whichever section you choose. :mickey:

MrPeetrie
04-09-2012, 03:58 PM
We stayed in the Ranchos- I think that it was building #7. It was one of the furthest buildings away from the lobby etc. But we didn't mind it at all! The walk is very pleasant with beautiful landscaping and scenery- lots of flowers and butterflies on the way...

We, too, have stayed in the Ranchos, bldg #7. It was very far from the Food Court (Pepper Market), but it was one of the more enjoyable morning walks we've taken on property. We did not mind it at all.

I think you'll love it no matter what building you stay in.

grumpypima
04-10-2012, 11:01 AM
We really try to get the biggest bang for our buck, which for us means standard view most of the time. There are only a few resorts that we will pay for a preferred room or view. CSR is not a resort that we pay for anything other than standard view. We love CSR and think it's a beautiful resort. We've stayed in all three areas. We were just there during Spring Break and stayed in Casitas, Building 2. We were close the quiet pool, bus stop, and health club. El Centro was close too. The main pool Dig Site was a little farther than we like.

Generally our room requests read more like..."close to bus stop" or "close to main pool". But now that we've stayed in all three areas, we will request the Ranchos. The landscaping and overall theme of the resort is beautiful. Every room we've ever had looks out to a beautifully themed area or garden; or even once we stayed in the Cabana area, we must have been upgraded to a water view because we could see the lake from our room. Not sure we'd ever pay extra $$ for the water view but the sunset over the lake mixed with the resort theme/colors was lovely.

Disney Doll
04-10-2012, 12:03 PM
We didn't pay for a preferred room, but we requested casitas and we got it. That was a good location for us. I requested casitas mainly because I didn't love the Rancheros theme, but the location turned out to be great. It was a bit of walk to the main pool, but we're never in a rush to get to the pool. Coronado Springs is one of the prettiest resorts I've stayed at. The lake is just gorgeous at night so be sure to take a stroll after dark.

crystalcrystal
04-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Thank you all so very much -- I appreciate anyone taking the time to reply and I am reading and absorbing all that is said.