PDA

View Full Version : Sesame Seed Allergies

crystalcrystal
04-09-2012, 03:13 AM
We have purchased the Quick Meal Plan and I see many of the options for eating offer hot dogs and hamburgers. Does anyone know if the buns have sesame seeds on them or if there is any that DO NOT use them for their meals.

I see many places offer different kinds of breads but we have a member in our family highly allergic to Sesame Seeds, so we are trying to figure out what they can eat.

I appreciate any feedback. Thank you so much

:mickey:

disneynarula
04-09-2012, 06:00 AM
That's a tough one. QS is a lot harder to deal with allergies. Try and call ahead.Most CS places will provide you with a card with the ingredients in all the entrees but for peace of mind we like to know before we leave where DS can eat safely.

The best thing to do is to call ahead to Disney(407) WDW-DINE and ask.

We did this ahead of time to most of the CS places we were going to eat and find out what the options were for our DS. It took a long time and I spent a lot of time on hold but it was worth it once we got there. I made some notes and put them in my purse. I actially printed out a park map and made notes on it.

Are you just concerned about the buns or is cross contamination a worry as well? If you are only worried about the bun itself containing sesame seeds I am sure they could find a substitute at most American food type places.

I would try to steer away from Asian food. They use sesame oil in a lot of things and the cooking styles they use are not food allergy friendly at all.

disneynarula
04-09-2012, 06:05 AM
I also sent you a PM with a website that we use.

If anyone else has concerns about WDW and food allergies you can message me. WDW is hands down the best place for people with food allergies.

ElenitaB
04-09-2012, 08:52 PM
To the OP, please visit our "Guests with Special Needs" forum (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=64) where there are many threads about dining with allergies at WDW.

When you arrive at your QS location, explain to the cashier that someone in your party has a food allergy. They will call a manager who will bring out "the book" that contains a listing of all ingredients in every item served at the location. If you would like some guidance in advance, feel free to contact [email protected] before your trip. An allergy to sesame seeds is not considered a "common allergy" (you can find that list and a lot more information on this page (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/special-dietary-requests/) on the official Disney site).

Also, rest assured that you will not be limited to just burgers and dogs during your trip. There are so many options. Also, off the top of my head, some restaurants you might want to be particularly careful at due to the sesame seed allergy include: Tangierine Cafe, Lotus Blossom Cafe and Katsura Grill.

Enjoy your trip! :mickey:

crystalcrystal
04-10-2012, 02:32 PM
thank you for the replies -- very much appreciated.

MoFrazier05
04-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Thank you so much for this info! We just found out our son has to have a gluten free diet. This has it's challenges but I've heard WDW is very accommodating with this. :rocks: :grouphug:

ShanPooh
04-24-2012, 12:33 AM
If you head to Morocco in Epcot, steer clear of anything with tahini - as it is made up of ground sesame seeds. Unfortunately, tahini is usually in hummus.

Good luck in your menu planning!