PDA

View Full Version : Question about shore excursions in Cozumel and Cayman Islands

NyDisneyGirl
04-08-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm sailing on the Fantasy in July of this year and I went online to look at the shore excursions. Does anyone know how long it takes to get from the ship to the beaches in Cozumel and Cayman Islands? The excursions claim that a bus will take you to and from the ship to the beaches. Does anyone know how long of a bus ride? Thanks!

Christine
04-09-2012, 01:03 PM
I just did the magic in march (same western itinerary). We didn't do an excursion in cayman, but we did in Cozumel. There is a catamaran snorkel beach package that Is very reasonable- and no his ride needed! You board the catamaran right on the pier, thu take you to a reef- jump off the boat and snorkel- then to a private beach that was HEAVEN! Free beer , soda, & margaritas too. I will look for the name, etc. it was nice

NyDisneyGirl
04-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the info. I booked an excursion in Cayman; it's a 4-5 hour beach one. I have nothing yet for Cozumel and I can't figure out what to do. I know we want to stay on the beach, but I was also looking at the Dolphin excursions as well.

GoldenDreams
05-31-2012, 01:59 PM
My recollection from another cruise line that went to the Cayman Islands years ago was that you could walk to a snorkle area and rent equipment right there. A word of advice... do not climb down into the water across the coral - it will scrape you and has mild toxins that make you burn and itch! There are ladders into the water that we found after we had already been stupid.

scooterca42
06-04-2012, 12:18 PM
can you book scuba in the Caymans?

And as an aside, from a conservation-minded scuba diver - Coral is not a rock, it's not dead, it's alive. It's made when small creatures secrete this material to make their houses. It takes years to build up a piece of coral, but a single poke or step will kill them. Please, please don't touch coral. If you place your hand on it, and come back in a week, there will be dead coral in the outline of your hand. Enough people doing it will destroy a reef. I know it was an accident, Goldendreams - next time can you let everyone else know about it too? It's something the snorkelling company should tell you but often they forget. It's up to us all to keep these resources alive and thriving.

OK, off the soapbox now.:mickey: