PDA

View Full Version : Just booked Fantasy

NH Disneyfan
04-08-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm so excited that I just booked a Fantasy cruise for February 2013. I'm looking for any comments/advice for this first time cruise.

We're taking a bit of a risk and flying BOS-MCO on the morning of the cruise. Getting into MCO at 10am on a non-stop flight. A quick trip to the port and away we go. I know many recommend flying early, but I want to hear from people who have experience flying the day of embarkation.

What else? So much to think about over the next 11 months!

BrerGnat
04-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Oh fun! We are looking at cruising the Fantasy in August 2013. Which itinerary did you choose?

I'm not sure if flying day of out of Boston in February is a good idea, though. I'd be worried about winter storms potentially causing flight delays or cancellations. A lot of times, your plane will be coming from somewhere else, and if it's delayed, you're in trouble! I'd probably take that chance in a month where weather is less likely to cause flight delays. Is there an earlier flight you can take? That way, if something happens, you have more time to get on another flight.

At the very least, if you keep the flight plans as is, purchase trip insurance!!!

Belle of the Ball 051411
04-09-2012, 10:47 AM
I have flown down the morning of a cruise before and it worked out great. My flight landed in the morning and was on the ship around 12:00 p.m. (ship departed port at 5:00 p.m.). If you're worried about weather, check the forecast a few days before and then change your flight and leave the day before.

DebK
04-09-2012, 11:55 AM
I like to fly in the night before and stay at the Hyatt in the airport......

DizneyRox
04-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Agreed... If you are handling the flights, book a day earlier. February (winter) out of Boston can go either way.

Miss the flight, you missed the boat.

We've always done the prior day arrival, even in the summer months. Doing it again this summer