PDA

View Full Version : Wishes! Questions

Gator
04-07-2012, 12:48 PM
I was checking a park hours calendar for last Nov/Dec, and it showed that Wishes does NOT happen on the nights of MVMCP. Is that really the case? When I did MK during December back in 2008, they had Wishes and then would have another fireworks show later at the party.

I'm curious because I'm thinking about a trip during the Christmas season. But if I can't catch fireworks at the MK without either buying a MVMCP ticket or showing up on a very crowded non-MVMCP day, I may put off my trip until Jan/Feb.

Christine
04-07-2012, 01:26 PM
No I'm sorry- regular Wishes does not play on mvmcp night.

Jeddie
04-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Yes it's true. Only on non-mvmcp nights can you catch regular Wishes. We were there this past Nov/Dec (week after Thanksgiving), and it was a big hurdle working that into our plans. We knew we weren't going to make mvmcp b/c DDs 3 and 5 are not night owls and usually conked out by 8 each night anyway, amd werem't going to pay those prices for us not to enjoy it. Plus I love the regular Wishes over the holiday ones anyway so definitely needed to work those nights as MK visits. As i mentioned in another post, I don't think we will go again during the Christmas season again, b/c you lose that everyday Disney magic with the holidays in the way. Granted Candellight Processional and Osbourne Lights were awesome, but I'd trade them for the simple opportunity to see Wishes every night if I wanted to.

faline
04-07-2012, 03:36 PM
When I did MK during December back in 2008, they had Wishes and then would have another fireworks show later at the party.

To be honest, I don't ever recall them doing that. I remember dining at California Grill during a party night and being told that Wishes would not be performing that night (They neglected to mention what I already knew which was the party fireworks would be happening that night).

buzznwoodysmom
04-07-2012, 03:54 PM
To be honest, I don't ever recall them doing that.

:ditto:
I don't recall them ever doing that either. I've been around Thanksgiving/Christmas in 2002, 2004, 2007, 2009, and 2011. We did MVMCP on all of those trips except the 2011 trip, and we were always in the park by 4pm for the party. I don't ever recall seeing two "sets" of fireworks.

mouseketeer mom
04-07-2012, 05:33 PM
No two sets of fireworks..either the themed party fireworks or wishes if there is not a party going on.

JesGettingStarted
04-07-2012, 09:12 PM
If you have hopper tickets you could always spend the day at a less crowded park and then hop over to MK for Wishes later on in the day/night. That's what we tend to do so we don't have to deal with the day time crowds.

joonyer
04-07-2012, 09:35 PM
If you have hopper tickets you could always spend the day at a less crowded park and then hop over to MK for Wishes later on in the day/night. That's what we tend to do so we don't have to deal with the day time crowds.

Yes, except you can't "hop" into MK on a party night without an MVMCP ticket.

JesGettingStarted
04-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Yes, except you can't "hop" into MK on a party night without an MVMCP ticket.

I wasnt saying to hop in during a party night as it wouldnt be the wishes fireworks going off anyway.

BelleBeauty
04-08-2012, 10:17 AM
An option would be dinner or dessert at CA Grill so that you can see the special holiday Wishes. We did that this year and then saw another showing of Wishes from the park on non-MVMCP days.

Gator
04-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Really? That's a bummer. I can drive down to Disneyland and get no fireworks at their MK. But to spend an extra $200+ for my family to see a fireworks show and a basic night parade that we can see on a normal night seems a little insane to me. And the fact that MVMCP is 4 days a week makes planning for the MK a real pain. I suppose that's why I like going in Jan/Feb, and why I'll probably go at that time again.