PDA

View Full Version : new refillable mugs question

AJ Springfield
04-07-2012, 09:59 AM
I see on the disney food blog that there are RFID chips embedded in the refillable drink mugs which limits their use. I see that they started at the All Stars resort and are projected to go to other resorts. My question is if this system is at other resorts (and which ones)... and the stipulations. I read that you can dispense/ consume 5 mugs of soda for about one hour at your meal time. We may not be at our resort at meal times since we will be out and about. In the past, we used ours while lounging at the pool in the afternoon... is this totally out of the question???

tjstrike
04-07-2012, 10:24 AM
If they're like other resorts and amusement parks that have started using them it's a time limit. They can only be refilled every 10 minutes (or so) ?

Melanie
04-07-2012, 10:46 AM
How old is this information you are reading? My understanding is that this system never went past the testing phase at some of the value resorts.

TinkerbellT421
04-07-2012, 10:47 AM
They experimented a few months back with the RFID chips at All Stars and POP for a short time. As of yet they have been taken out and replaced back to the old refillable mugs without the chip.

If they start enforcing the chip some of the rules as I can remember are you cannot refill for I "think" it was 5 or ten minutes until your next refill and you would not be able to use any mug stations at any other resort but your own. If you are at your own pool (and not pool hopping at other resorts) then you can use them anywhere there is a refillable mug station at your resort. You would not be able to be walking through another resort and stop by there and use it (though your really not supposed to do that now either), but with the chip it will not allow the station to dispense the drink.

AJ Springfield
04-08-2012, 09:28 AM
My info was from when they were first introduced during the testing phase. Thanks for your input!!