PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best steak in WDW???

mommy2maddi
04-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Ok...reading about steak has made me hungry for steak:D Going to WDW in November. Doing the DDP...where can I get a great steak that's included in the dining plan? It can be signiature...just has to accept DDP. You people on here know your stuff...I will trust you on this one! :mickey:

spoiledraf
04-06-2012, 08:44 PM
The two best I have had are
1. Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club
2. Narcoossees at the Grand Floridian
Both are signature dining. Yachtsman has great meals in a quieter more refined atmosphere while Narcoossees tends to have more kids, is a little noisy but has great views of the Seven Seas Lagoon and the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. You get a great steak at either with great waite staff.

Didn't care for California Grille although it's a great view from your table for the fireworks. Brown Derby is... no. I have never been to LeCellier so I can't say anything about it.

I had the filet at each of those mentioned. As near as I know, only signature restaurants have filet mignon, if thats what you are looking for. The steaks at thr sigle credit dining locations I have had were only average no matter where we went. Don't think thats what you are looking for.

Oh and one last thing. One of our recent visits to the Yachstsman included a little celebrity dining with Mariah Carey sitting two tables away. Was tough keeping my eyes on my meal! :)

Bethanymouse
04-06-2012, 08:57 PM
We have tried most of the big eateries around "the world". From CA Grill to Narcosses to Yachtsman. In my opinion, Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge tops them all for steak. Love it!

blackcaex2
04-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Easily the steak at the Kona Cafe in the Polynesian!

mydisneygirls
04-06-2012, 10:41 PM
My 12 year old daughter had a steak at Chef de France and loved it, but then she had one at Whispering Canyon. She said, Mom this is the best steak I ever had. I tasted it (before she devoured it) and I had to agree!!!!! Artist is a signature, Whispering Canyon isn't. Both places being in the same resort, you couldn't go wrong with either!

SBETigg
04-06-2012, 10:46 PM
It really depends on what kind of steak, what kind of meal you want. Yachtsman is the last place I would go to, having tried and been very disappointed with the food and service. Go to Le Cellier at lunchtime. Or go look at menus and go almost anywhere. There's a good steak dish on the menu at most WDW restaurants. Oak fired filet at California Grill is one of my favorites. But there are good steak dishes at Kouzzina, Grand Floridian Cafe, Narcoossees, and so many more.

mook3y
04-06-2012, 11:59 PM
my two favorite steak dinners are the filet & lobster at Narcoossee's and the filet with mushroom rissoto at Le Cellier.:thumbsup:

Usually have both of these meals during our stay.

mgmnut
04-07-2012, 08:33 AM
I can't say what is the best since I have not eaten at every restaurant and tried every cut of steak in WDW, but I can say.....

I throughly enjoyed my steak at Artist Point and my son enjoyed his at Whispering canyon.

Kairi_7378
04-07-2012, 08:38 AM
My husband (the steak eater in the family) recommends Artist's Point and the CA Grill.

Itchy
04-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Unless you are wanting to use two of your dining credits per person for a steak for a signature resturant such as Cali Grill or Yachtsman.

I would go for one credit per person and have had a great steak at the Wave or as previouly mentioned at Kona.

We will be eating at Kona again the end of May and looking forward to it very much.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Happy eating, we love the dining plan..:blush:

Christine
04-07-2012, 09:09 AM
I have to throw out my new favorite and the very overlooked Turf Club at SSR. It is where we had the best steak period not just at Disney , second only to Ruth's Chris.

mommy2maddi
04-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Oh and one last thing. One of our recent visits to the Yachstsman included a little celebrity dining with Mariah Carey sitting two tables away. Was tough keeping my eyes on my meal! :)

How cool!!!!! Must have been VERY tough to even think of your food!!!:mickey::cloud9:

mommy2maddi
04-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the tips!!! I will have to think on this one...Use 2 credits pp or use 1 pp??? Decisions...Decisions...:mickey:

mom2morgan
04-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Sci Fi Diner!! (kidding - just wanted to poke the bear a bit ;-)

LudwigVonDrake
04-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Artist's Point :tasty:

LoriSan
04-07-2012, 09:44 PM
I think there is a great steak at the Coral Reef

twinboyz
04-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Great topic!:thumbsup:

We're going to Cali Grill and Le Cellier this trip. First for me on both! Now planning on trying Steak at both!:D

Airblue1
04-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Le Cellier or Cali Grill

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-11-2012, 11:29 AM
We enjoyed the filet at LeCellier...also surprisingly the NY strip at Whispering Canyon was pretty good, not the best steak ever but still good. Would love to try Yachtsman someday:mickey:

ledudes
04-11-2012, 11:39 AM
filet at Le Cellier was great. I'm not really a big steak person so I haven't tried many in Disney. Have have heard Yachtsman is very good also.

SurferStitch
04-11-2012, 11:52 AM
I love the filet at Narcoossee's and Cali Grill. The one at Cali Grill was better when they served it with the tamarind sauce, but the teriyaki was also good. Narcoossee's is always incredible!

I've also had excellent filet at Le Cellier.