PDA

View Full Version : brownie's Disney World Weekend Trip Final Thoughts

brownie
04-06-2012, 05:33 PM
I didn't get to do everything on my list. The JAMMitors didn't do their last 2 shows at Epcot on Saturday due to the downpour and Mulch, Sweat, & Shears didn't perform at Hollywood Studios on Sunday until after I needed to leave for the airport.
I've never used a backpack or other bag in the parks but on this trip I used my REI Flash 18 pack that I had just picked up. It was comfortable, easy to stow, and worked out great.
There were a number of unhappy people: kids, couples, families. It certainly wasn't the happiest place on Earth for those people. Getting upset with an under 4 year old who doesn't want to stand up in a line at almost midnight isn't right.
Airzookas and unsupervised teens don't mix. I had to say something to one kid about launching air at people (and he wasn't the first one I encountered).
Being solo has its advantages but I really missed sharing the trip with someone, especially my bride.
I did a lot since I wanted to maximize my ticket value, but I think I would take some breaks from the parks were I to do this again.

faline
04-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Ok - I'm officially getting old - I had no idea what an airzooka was (though I did get a good idea from your post) and had to google it - what will they think of next?! Really? In the park?? Hope I don't run into any unwelcome blasts on my next trip!

Despite not getting everything on your list done - you accomplished an amazing amount. Yes, it is fun to share trips with others.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the report

VWL Mom
04-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Enjoyed reading all your posts, you sure did get a lot accomplished in a short amount of time. Thanks for sharing!

DisneyorBust
04-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Did the CM's do anything about the kids with the Airzookas? I hope that the CM's took action and were backed by mgt.
Thanks for taking us along, I enjoyed the trip!:D

KylesMom
04-13-2012, 02:18 PM
You may not have done everything on your list, but you sure covered some incredible ground in such a short time. Wow! Don't know that I could have kept up that pace all weekend.

Linda, you're not getting old - I have a teenage son & I didn't know what an Airzooka was! Really surprised that they would merchandise them in the parks.

Steve, thanks for posting such a great, detailed report! :mickey:

vizsla
04-19-2012, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the reports.