PDA

View Full Version : How to get to BW from Epcot

mommy2maddi
04-06-2012, 12:03 PM
We are heading to THE WORLD in November and would like to check out BW resort. I've heard there are a lot of things to do there. Can we just catch a boat from Epcot to there and if so, where do the boats dock at Epcot? We were at Epcot in August 2010 but didn't spend a lot of time there and I didn't even notice boats.... :confused:
Also, what is there to do at BW? Eating suggestions would be great :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
04-06-2012, 12:11 PM
It is faster and easier to just walk to Boardwalk from the International Gateway (back entrance) of Epcot. There are a ton of great thing to do at Boardwalk at night. Starting around 7pm or so they have street acts constantly there's usually two - three at different times performing three different acts that are great fun to watch. We enjoy the food tremendously at ESPN Club. If you are there during any special sporting events though it may be difficult to get in or have a long wait. I highly recommend Big River Grille, I know it is really hit or miss with a lot of people but I love it. Food is good and their craft beers are delectable! I have never eaten at Kat Korras or Flying Fish but have heard good things about those places. You could always also stroll over the the Beach Club (The opposite side of Boardwalk) to eat over at Cape May or Beaches and Cream! If you don't eat dinner at Beaches and Cream at least stop by there for a lovely Milky Way Sundae :cloud9: If you have any questions feel free to ask :) We love the Boardwalk (As you can tell from my signature) lol Feel free to PM if you wish.

mommy2maddi
04-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Great info. Thanks so much!!!:mickey:

spoiledraf
04-06-2012, 03:48 PM
We were one of the "Misses" at Big River. Didn't do well there. But we do love ESPN. And Beaches and Cream. We also love the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Later in the evening the Boardwalk has dueling Pianos for the over 21 crowd. Lots of fun and quite loud. Not a lot of entertainment or people on the Boardwalk during the day so I would suggest an evening visit.

SBETigg
04-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Kouzzina and Flying Fish are both really good. If you don't feel like walking, you can take a boat from the International Gateway- you will see the option if you exit there (between France and UK).

faline
04-06-2012, 05:43 PM
You probably didn't see the boat because it isn't located inside the park. If you walk by Canada and the United Kingdom, stay to the right of the bridge that leads to France. This will bring you to the "back door" exit of Epcot called International Gateway. Exit Epcot here and the boat dock will be to your left.

That said, it's a very short walk to Boardwalk from this location. Continue down the main walkway. At one point, you can continue straight ahead to the Yacht and Beach Club or you can go over the bridge to your left. Go over the bridge. On the other side you'll take a right hand turn and will shortly be at Boardwalk - the first establishment you'll see will be the ESPN club. Have fun!

mommy2maddi
04-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Thanks!!! I love the advice and information I get here on Intercot!!!:cloud9:

Boardwalk Inn Fan 4 Life
04-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Honestly in my opinion when going from Epcot to the Boardwalk it's always a very fast walk and once you reach the International Gateway entrance it's no more then a 5 minutes away. However the only time I would recommend taking the Boat is if you already saw it at the dock, because the Boardwalk is it's first stop once it leaves the International Gateway.