PDA

View Full Version : Which Water Park?

mgmnut
04-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Which is the better of the two waterparks?

Should we plan a full or 1/2 day?

Awesome_guy
04-06-2012, 11:31 AM
If you're choosing between two water parks, it really depends on your interests. Both have things to love!

For me, lately, I'd give the win to Typhoon Lagoon... just because of its wave pool. The theming of Blizzard Beach is neat when it's a novelty and great to experience, but a relaxing day in the tropical theme is hard to beat, too.

I would get there nice and early (just like any Disney Park). That way you can get a lounge chair and beat some of the chaos. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up spending more than half a day there, just because there really is lots to do. Will you be there from open to close? Probably not... but the water parks do tend to take more than a couple of hours to take in.

Blizzard Beach:
+ Thrill Slides/Longer Slides/Unique Slides
+ A great Family Raft Attraction
+ Unique "winter" theming
+ Chair Lift (although it's hardly the most efficient means up the hill)

Typhoon Lagoon:
+ Wave Pool far exceeds any other (HUGE waves)
+ Tropical/relaxed feel
+ Unique water 'coaster', a snorkelling experience
+ Shorter/quirkier slides

We tend to alternate experiences; while both have similarities (lazy rivers, etc.)... once you've done one recently, the other is a nice change.

Hope this helps,
-T

wendybird
04-06-2012, 11:47 AM
IMO they are both really fun, but I do like BB better. Although I enjoy the theme of TL, I think the slides are better at BB. If you have little ones, BB has a much better kids area, too. For us, it is just a half day. We always get there at opening - swim, slide, get some sun, have lunch...we never stayed past 2:00. We usually go back to the hotel to clean-up and rest and then hit a theme park for dinner and a late night. You will enjoy your time there (whichever you choose)

LudwigVonDrake
04-07-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm partial to Typhoon Lagoon because of Crush n' Gusher. I usually spend a little more than a half day there.