PDA

View Full Version : Day 6 April 5

MDcar1
04-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Well, we couldn't sleep in today because today was the Keys to the Kingdom tour that started at 930am. Our tour guide was Steve, very informative. It was a 5 hr tour around MK w/a lunch break at Columbia Harbour house (included in price of tour tkt). We got right onto the Jungle Cruise & Haunted Mansion while on the tour, no waiting in line, and we also got to go in the back stage areas as well as in the tunnels. Nobody under the age of 16 can take the tour,many nobody should take it if you want to keep it magical , actually it really didn't ruin in for us.
We returned to our resort after the tour. DD & DH went in the pool while I napped. Then it was onto to wilderness campgrounds for Mickeys BBQ. What a waste. If you're not under the age of 10 & your not sitting in the first line of tables, you can't see a thing, after dinner we actually left in the middle of the show and headed over to MK, again.
By now it's 830ish and the crowds are lining up for a parade, we headed over to Adventureland, and hit up the tiki room, never been there, a bit outdated. We then went on Pirates of the Caribbean with no wait (parade time all rides open) it was then onto Splash Mountain. It was maybe a 5 min wait to get on the ride and 1/2 hour wait to get off. Let me explain. It broke down, they couldn't fix it so we had to wait to be evacuated off the ride, where at the end we had some nice cast members handing out fast passes that are good for any ride in the park not to expire until April 15th. I got 7 of them.
When we finally got off that ride we got on Small World, not wait, then we hopped across the street and used 3 FP for Peter Pans flight. My DD & DH ended the day with a ride on the merry go round.
On the way out of the park we hit up the bakery so we could have a snack at the resort. YUMMMMY
It's now 130am and we are soooo ready for bed.
Tomorrow is our last day here and as always we will end it with fantasmic after having dinner at mama melrose.
That was my day, bye bye for now.
Mindy

Jillirose
04-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Thanks for sharing, I was almost there as I read your post :mickey:

Tinkerbella16
04-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Sounds like such a fun day! I took the KTTK tour in 2008 with my Mom and we both loved it. We had Matthew as our guide and sure am glad we did, he was fantastic. It didn't ruin the magic for us either.. I think Disney knew their limits on showing guests certain things- it wasn't too too much but just enough to be really informative.

That is great that the CM's gave out Fastpasses after Splash breaking down. I have never been on a ride where we had to be evacuated. Enjoy the rest of your trip! :mickey:

mydisneygirls
04-06-2012, 11:07 AM
I always wondered why you had to be 16 to take the tour...now I know! Makes sense.

Enjoy your last day!!!

faline
04-06-2012, 03:31 PM
The Keys to the Kingdom tour is really nice - glad you enjoyed it!

Sad to hear you're already approaching your last day!

SBETigg
04-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Sounds delightful, even getting stuck on the ride. Though, sorry Mickey's BBQ was a bit of a bust. Haven't been there. The tour sounds wonderful. Thanks for reporting.

vizsla
04-08-2012, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the report.