PDA

View Full Version : Parking for Dining

MPoppins
04-05-2012, 02:08 PM
As a Disney vet, I'm a little embarrassed :blush: to ask such a simple question but I have never stayed at one resort and made dining ressies at another when we're not using the Disney transportation system - Will we be allowed to park at the YC for dining when we aren't staying there? We'll be over at WL for a short trip but want to eat at our fave YC. I'm just not sure if anything has changed with this since I last paid attention to posts about parking. Thanks!

Quadstriker
04-05-2012, 02:18 PM
When you pull up to the gate, the CM will ask to see your key to the world. Tell him you have dinner reservations at the YC. If there's room he'll let you in. If not, he'll direct you over to the Boardwalk for parking.

I've done this for dinner reservations at many resorts and never had a problem.

Strmchsr
04-05-2012, 03:25 PM
:ditto: Just keep in mind there's a 3 hour limit for non-guests. You can't park there and then go to Epcot for the evening.

gardenia
04-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Just wanted to mention, that there are occasions when they're having an event at one of the convention centers, and they won't let you park at YC/BC. This happened to us once. But usually it is not a problem.

Boardwalk Inn Fan 4 Life
04-12-2012, 02:51 AM
When you pull up to the gate, the CM will ask to see your key to the world. Tell him you have dinner reservations at the YC. If there's room he'll let you in. If not, he'll direct you over to the Boardwalk for parking.

I've done this for dinner reservations at many resorts and never had a problem.If that ever happened wouldn't they be directed to the Beach Club parking lot and not the Boardwalk? I say that because it's a lot closer and why should any guests staying at the BWI/BWV have more cars parked there of someone who isn't going there to eat and etc.

gardenia
04-12-2012, 07:10 AM
If that ever happened wouldn't they be directed to the Beach Club parking lot and not the Boardwalk? I say that because it's a lot closer and why should any guests staying at the BWI/BWV have more cars parked there of someone who isn't going there to eat and etc.

Because YC/BC have really limited parking, but BW has two areas designated for visitor (not guest) parking. One visitor lot is just to the left of the gate entrance and one is the "overflow" lot behind the Hess station.

spoiledraf
04-12-2012, 08:21 AM
:ditto: Just keep in mind there's a 3 hour limit for non-guests. You can't park there and then go to Epcot for the evening.

Unless you valet park. No limit on valet parking. They still get their $12. Plus tip! We've done that when dining at the Grand Floridian a couple times.

Boardwalk Inn Fan 4 Life
04-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Because YC/BC have really limited parking, but BW has two areas designated for visitor (not guest) parking. One visitor lot is just to the left of the gate entrance and one is the "overflow" lot behind the Hess station.That parking lot behind the Hess station is actually where the Boardwalk Cast Members park. Plus I have only seen them tell guests to park there during major holidays like New Years Eve and etc. So I don't think guests are recommend to use it 365 days a year.