PDA

View Full Version : New PhotoPass Plus Announced Today

Strmchsr
04-04-2012, 04:11 PM
This just came in from the official Disney PhotoPass Facebook page:

Capture more memories than ever with Disney PhotoPass+! With Disney PhotoPass+ you can have all your Disney’s PhotoPass Photographer photos PLUS select Attraction photos AND Dining Print Packages – All for one price.

Product Details:

PhotoPass+ will be sold at PhotoPass view stations located throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.
With PhotoPass+ you will have digital files of all your PhotoPass photos, Attraction photos, and Dining photos taken within a 14 day visit to Walt Disney as well as Print Packages at select Dining locations.
Once you arrive home from your vacation, you can view your photos and order a PhotoCD with all the high resolution photos plus a limited license agreement, which allows you to print photos at any local photo processing center.

Participating Attractions:

Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Rock ‘n Roller Coaster
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur

Participating Character Dining Locations:

1900 Park Fare
Ohana (Breakfast only)
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
Chef Mickey’s
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Tusker House Restaurant (Breakfast only)
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

Disney PhotoPass+ Includes:

PhotoPass+ Card and Lanyard
A gallery CD with over 400 stock photos
A unique code to create and order a PhotoCD with all your photos online at DisneyPhotoPass.com
Print Packages at select Dining locations
Digital Downloads of select Attractions

All for $199.95

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. I pre-purchased a PhotoCD online before my vacation, can I upgrade to PhotoPass+?

R. Yes, if you pre-purchased a PhotoCD online before your trip you may upgrade your PhotoCD to PhotoPass+ at PhotoPass view stations throughout the Walt Disney World Parks, Downtown Disney, and select Resorts. You will need the name, phone number, and email address that was used to purchase the PhotoCD.

Q. Can I pre-order PhotoPass+?

R. At this time PhotoPass+ will only be available for purchase at the PhotoPass View Stations located throughout Walt Disney World and is not available online or for pre-purchase.

Q. I have a large family—how many PhotoPass+ cards will I receive?

R. Only one PhotoPass+ card will be provided with each purchase. However, multiple PhotoPass cards can be accumulated during your visit, and all of those photos can be added to your account. In order to receive your Attraction and Dining photos, the PhotoPass+ card holder must be present at the time of photo capture.

Q. PhotoPass+ is not the right product for me at this time. Will the PhotoCD still be available for purchase?

R. Yes – if you decide that PhotoPass+ is not the right product for you at this time, you can still purchase the PhotoCD.

Q. Can I add attraction and dining photos that were taken before I purchased PhotoPass+?

R. Unfortunately we cannot add photos previously taken to the PhotoPass+ product. Only photos taken within the 14 day window, which begins on the date of purchase, will be included in your PhotoPass+ package and available for you to add to your PhotoCD.

DizneyRox
04-04-2012, 04:29 PM
I swear everytime I see a Disney press release I feel a three fingered hand rummaging around deep in my pocket.

Disney Doll
04-04-2012, 04:59 PM
I don't understand the need for stock photos. I want photos of my family and if I want a picture of an attraction I want it to be from my own perspective. That's part of the memory.

cuteduck223
04-04-2012, 05:10 PM
any idea what the cost increase will be to purchase photopass+ if you already prepurchased? It's really not worth an extra $100.

Strmchsr
04-04-2012, 05:22 PM
The site didn't say what the price would be if you had pre-ordered the photopass CD. It sounds like the $199 is the normal price, so I'm not sure if you'll get a discount with the pre-order or not. Maybe someone can stop by soon and let us know, or I'll report back after the May trip when I can ask.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-04-2012, 08:21 PM
any idea what the cost increase will be to purchase photopass+ if you already prepurchased? It's really not worth an extra $100.

That's what I was thinking. I have gotten used to the $99 photopass price, but at $199, that is just too much!

kakn7294
04-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Too expensive for me! I won't be purchasing one. I thought it cost too much even at $99.

mariak
04-04-2012, 11:45 PM
This sounds awesome. I'm sure many of us have been waiting for the day when the pictures from more attractions would be added in the same way the Test Track pictures are. :thumbsup:

Two more things that would make this really great....

1) It would be nice to be able to purchase software that includes the good Disney borders from the web-site so we could add great borders when scrapbooking at home etc... I don't even upload my own pictures to DPP anymore because those have been reduced to very limited, lame borders.

2) Face regognition like on the cruise lines(so I'm told) in case someone REALLY loses their card.

It sounds good on the surface although, I thought $149 was steep enough.

Quadstriker
04-04-2012, 11:52 PM
two hundred bucks?

lol no.

TinkerbellT421
04-05-2012, 08:16 AM
I can't even bring myself to pay the $99 for a regular photopass cd thing......:sick:

faline
04-05-2012, 08:51 AM
I agree. $200 is far too much money.

Ms. Mode
04-05-2012, 09:17 AM
So, let's say you ride ToT 20 times and a picture is taken every ride; they all will be available to you when you get home at no additional cost? (Provided you hand over your card after each ride...of course)

Of course, I'm kinda in the "I thought $99 was to much" crowd...but...maybe for a special trip I might think about this. :blush:

TysMomTink
04-05-2012, 09:26 AM
I won't be purchasing. I never pre-purchased the CD. In fact a few times of reviewing the photos in our the30 day period I never liked the pictures and never purchased the CD. I don't even bother with photopass now when we go. Not worth the $ and can be sure I won't be spending $200

Jeri
04-05-2012, 09:45 AM
I am not sure, but I think I like this. Yes, the price seems high, but if you factor in the cost of the pictures from the meals, then it doesn't seem so bad. We always get the pictures from Chef Mickeys & Ohanas so if you add that price to the CD, plus ride photos(we buy at least 1) it isn't that bad.

I will have to look at my reciepts from last time and figure it out. Plus this time will be my sons last trip as a highschooler, and my daughters 1st trip so this might be the one time we do pay that much.

mydisneygirls
04-05-2012, 10:21 AM
I like the pictures my Sony camcorder/camera takes just fine. In fact, they are PRICELESS!!!

disneynarula
04-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Yikes! That is way too much.

TheVBs
04-05-2012, 03:57 PM
That price is a bit steep. However, when I think of our last trip and all the ride photos we bought because they were firsts for either DD11 or DD7, we spent waaaayy more than $100 extra! So, last trip, if it had been available, we would have saved money. Will we buy it on the next trip? Hard to say, but I'm definitely tempted. I love those ride pictures! :mickey:

bshaw96
04-05-2012, 05:59 PM
:thumbsup:
I swear everytime I see a Disney press release I feel a three fingered hand rummaging around deep in my pocket.

SurferStitch
04-06-2012, 11:56 AM
That's really a pretty decent deal considering you get ride and dining pics. I'll definitely consider it for our next trip, especially if they do a pre-purchase deal.

We always pre-purchase the CD. At $99, it's an excellent deal.

Strmchsr
04-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Now that I've gotten over the sticker shock, the last two posters are probably right. It's not really that bad of a deal when you consider all you get. There have been times when I've wanted the dining photos or the ride photos, but couldn't because of the expense. If you get all of this and can budget for it, I don't think it would be too bad of a deal. I always see the pics at the rides or restaurants, would love to have them, but can't do the extra expense with everything else we're doing. I, too, might actually give it some consideration, especially if there's a price break for pre-orders. I'm at least going to give it some thought heading into our May trip.

Tink#64
04-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Alright I have a question that may seem silly, but the first thing that I wondered upon reading this post & no one else asked! If you DO NOT purchase the Photopass + cd up front, I'm guessing that the attraction & dining pics still won't be on able to be loaded on the regular photopass cards? We don't prepurchase the photopass cd, we do get a photopass card & have some pics taken in the parks. When we get home & view them online, we decide then if we're purchasing the entire cd or just ordering select photos. I wish Disney would add them on, even if those pics came at a higher price if ordering only select prints. It seems to me, that while I might pass them up while we're at WDW, thinking we don't really need it, I might get home & decide - WOW that was a lot of fun - yeah we want that pic! :blush:

Strmchsr
04-07-2012, 07:24 AM
Not sure on that specific question, but it sounded like from the release that you have to have the Plus package at the park and get a special card for them to put all of that on your account. In general, WDW won't put the ride and dining pics on your Photopass card unless you buys the package. I would assume that would still be the case and if it is then you wouldn't be able to buy when you get home.

NJGIRL
04-07-2012, 05:32 PM
I didn't feel that it was worth it at $99. $200 without any printed pictures included is nuts. If you want your pictures printed you still have additional cost to pay once you get home.

TheVBs
04-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Well, I'm sure you would still get prints of your dining photos. And, yes, you would have to order your own prints of the ride photos - but at pennies apiece instead of $15-20 each. We bought 7 ride photos last trip. At the conservative end, that's still over $100. We also ordered 4x6 prints of nearly 200 PhotoPass photos at 9 cents each. If we'd ordered them through Disney's site I think they would have been 19 cents each. So, with most things, it depends on how you're likely to use it. For us, it would save money.

DH asked a great question about this yesterday. When you purchase a ride photo they can adjust the picture for you there. For example, on our Dinosaur ride pic, they zoomed in on us so that we filled more of the frame. We still paid a few bucks extra to have the digital version, but that was not modified. On the Buzz ride, they had to adjust where the front of the ride car sat because it was completely covering DD7. If we only got digital versions of the ride pictures and weren't able to adjust for these things, then we'd still have to buy a print that they adjusted on the spot. That would lessen the value for us.

Zippy 1
05-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Weird that they intoduced this now. When we went in February we had a photopass card after one of our character meals went to photo station at the hotel and they added our group pictures from breakfast. When we got home and I uploaded our photopasss card to my surprise all the pictures taken at all the meals we had with character pictures were on there. I was very surprised we had some excellent shots and I pre-ordered the cd for $99. I guess somehow we must have got a bonus. We also had most of our ride photos on there. Maybe unknown to us we were part of a trial run. I don't know. Just glad I got all those pictures for the $99 versus $199

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-03-2012, 11:56 AM
I was surprised to hear about the dining photos as part of the "plus".

We've always been able to get our dining photos (like at CRT) added to our photopass, and since we purchased the Pirate's pictures at Pirate's League, they were added too last year.

So, I'm not sure this is really a "plus", unless they have stopped adding it to the regular card.

SurferStitch
05-03-2012, 12:08 PM
I was surprised to hear about the dining photos as part of the "plus".

We've always been able to get our dining photos (like at CRT) added to our photopass, and since we purchased the Pirate's pictures at Pirate's League, they were added too last year.

So, I'm not sure this is really a "plus", unless they have stopped adding it to the regular card.

Wow, and I've asked to have our breakfast photos added to our prepaid PP, and we've always been turned down. Not very consistent.

Strmchsr
05-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Wow, and I've asked to have our breakfast photos added to our prepaid PP, and we've always been turned down. Not very consistent.

I know the last year I've always been told that they will add the dining photos to our photopass card IF we purchase the package. I imagine if they have not been enforcing that rule consistently before they definitely will be now.

DizneyRox
05-03-2012, 03:53 PM
I know the last year I've always been told that they will add the dining photos to our photopass card IF we purchase the package. I imagine if they have not been enforcing that rule consistently before they definitely will be now.
Correct, IF you buy the photos, they will add them. Actually, they print a photo pass number on at least one of the photos, you don't need to have it added to a card, you can just put that into the photo pass site. You will often get many more pictures than what you see in you package, they use the best one(s) to sell the package.

This new card would entitle you to package pictures regardless of if you buy the package or not.

I'm thinking it won't include printed pictures though, just the digital copies and the permission to do whatever you want with them.

I haven't heard this confirmed either way, but knowing Disney, they probably won't give you prints. You'll be able to buy them separately. It's 'only' $50 more than the regular photo pass, and the cost of the prints at each place is like $30 or so ain't it?

Strmchsr
05-03-2012, 04:20 PM
I haven't heard this confirmed either way, but knowing Disney, they probably won't give you prints. You'll be able to buy them separately. It's 'only' $50 more than the regular photo pass, and the cost of the prints at each place is like $30 or so ain't it?

I'm not 100% sure either, but I'm thinking I saw that all prints are included if you buy the new photopass. I'll verify that the week of May 12 while I'm down there.

DizneyRox
05-04-2012, 06:13 AM
I'm not 100% sure either, but I'm thinking I saw that all prints are included if you buy the new photopass. I'll verify that the week of May 12 while I'm down there.
Please do, that could make a HUGE difference in the value of this plan. Just comparing to my last trip, we probably could have picked up about $300 in ride photos.

And what's to stop people from saying a whole group of people is together and getting all sorts of prints... That's another reason why I don't think they are included. I wouldn't mind sharing a little magic with someone less fortunate and getting them their ride photos for "free'...

Strmchsr
05-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Please do, that could make a HUGE difference in the value of this plan. Just comparing to my last trip, we probably could have picked up about $300 in ride photos.

Again, I'll have to verify, but what I found when I went back and checked the info I currently have - prints for the dining are included in the photopass (you know, the ones they bring around to the tables to see if you want to buy), but rides it's digital copy on the photopass card.

We LOVE Disney
06-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Ok so basically when we get to WDW, we purchase a PhotoPass PLUS card. Then what? Do we hand it to the photographers after they take our picture and they add the picture? How do the ride photos get added on, do we show our card to the picture people at the end of the ride and they add us on? Same with dining?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to learn about this :blush:

Wolf
06-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Sorry yall I have a question too! So just to make sure I understand it, you buy this when you get to WDW, get your card and head out, take as many pictures as possible at locations and rides and then ontop of that you get the borders and such, am I following so far? My question is when you get home, add borders, fluff, etc, do you have to pay more to get the CD with pictures and stuff? Yalls residential blonde here, asking for a watered down explanation lol my bad!

sherriepaul
06-06-2012, 11:05 AM
As someone who did the photpass last fall, you hand them your card when you get pictures taken and would assume the same thing at the end of rides and at dining locations.

The CD is included in the price of 200$.

Last fall I bought the photopass before we left at the 99$ price. We got a ton of pictures of the whole family and we really liked the photos. To include the dining and rides would of been fun and neat to have but wasn't offered then. you had to pay OOP, and this was too darn expensive for us to do any of the rides or dining. maybe something to consider in the future.

wellsm
06-06-2012, 12:08 PM
We got ours during our trip a few weeks ago.

Here's how it works - go in to the first park on your first day and go to the Camera shop (which are placed at the front of each park.) Tell them you want the Photopass plus and pay your cash.

You will get a Red Photopass card, a lanyard, a CD of stock Disney Park photos, and a coded voucher to get your PhotoCD later.

Wear the red card. You don't have to, but the photopass photographers who see it usually take more photos since they know you are getting all of them. If not, ask. I told them "shot lots!" and they usually did.

The red card doesn't function any differently than any other photopass card for these photos. You can get other cards as well and merge them into your account. Other family members can get regular photopass cards and you can add them back at your room or at home. (They can sometimes do it in the parks, but we didn't have success with this.)

One way your red card IS different is for on-ride photos and character meals. For on-ride photos, go up to the counter where you purchase the photos, give them the number from the screen and your red card, and they will give you a $0.00 receipt and your photos will be on your account. For character meals I believe you give them your card when they come by to take the photos and that's it. (We only did CRT which is handled differently)

So, until you go home, the red card just gets you the extra ride and dining photos in your photopass account.

After you get home, you can customize your photos, add borders, etc. Once you are done, you order the Photo CD and use your voucher to get it for free.

I'm getting ready to order our CD now.

DizneyRox
06-06-2012, 12:59 PM
So, no physical photos from the character meals and/or ride photos? I can't tell...

Strmchsr
06-06-2012, 02:53 PM
So, no physical photos from the character meals and/or ride photos? I can't tell...

Yes to physical photos from the character meals (if they are already available - like the package at Chef Mickey's or 'Ohana), but no to physical ride photos.