PDA

View Full Version : Is there DDP Jr.?

mudpuppysmom
04-04-2012, 02:53 PM
I have been thinking about DDP for upcoming trip and while DS#1 is not a child any longer, he STILL does not eat an adult portion of food.

Is there anywhere where it has been discussed or is there info about a DDP for Jr.'s? I'd say for those "tween" kids.....like 9-12 or 13?

Some meals DS#1 orders kids meals and some meals he orders adult meals (and doesn't finish them) -- so an in between plan would be awesome IF IT EXISTED!

Thoughts on this?

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-04-2012, 03:01 PM
There isn't one, but wait til your DS hits about 12/13 and he'll be out eating you with every growth spurt. My 14 yr old grew just over 3 inches in just over a year - and was eating anything that didn't move.

We just either took the left overs with us, OR just didn't worry about the left overs with our DDP meals. There are times where I cannot eat everything, but I never feel guilty about sending left overs to be trashed. Some days I eat everything, some days I dont.

DizneyRox
04-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Doesn't exist...

3-9 child
10+ adult

Child ticket, child dining plan. Adult ticket, adult dining plan... Ages are asked at time of reservation.

SBETigg
04-04-2012, 04:36 PM
There aren't Junior meals. There are children's and there are adult meals. So, the plans reflect that. I'm sure there are lots of adults who order meals and don't finish them, too. It might be handy to have a lower priced, smaller portion option on some menus, but I think that gets complicated, though it could be a popular option if they went with it. I love tapas style meals.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-04-2012, 08:22 PM
I have to admit that I was shocked at how quickly my DD "grew-up" in terms of her eating. It seemed like one day she was all about the kids meals, and the next asking for (and eating) an adult meal.

So, although a DDP Jr. could be neat, I think it is better that the kids get to order "real" food sooner rather than later.

Pirate Granny
04-04-2012, 09:41 PM
My grandson at 5 could eat an adult meal, he's tall for his age, but not heavy at all...now me, I can eat a child's meal and be full and happy.

mudpuppysmom
04-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Where I came up with this idea was from actual Disney advertising for packages.....in our AAA paper that comes every once in a while I read the fine print and it stated the price was based on 2 Adults 1 Junior and 1 Child......so I thought maybe this was something new --adding a Jr. pricing structure to the mix.

Disney seems to make things convoluted or ambiguous in outher areas why not dining too!

It was simply a thought

P.S. DS#1 is 10 now and his 3y/o brother STILL outeats him.....the kid is part bird I do believe!:D

DizneyRox
04-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Jr in terms of that ad is for room cost. While the child may have an adult ticket and meal plan, they don't quite warrant the third adult surcharge on the room.

I don't know the ages for that though...

The Hitchhiking Ghost
04-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Most has been discussed and covered already. If you opt for the DDP I would look into sharing meals and such, especially if one meal is too much for a person. I don't know that you can do this at a TS but I think you can at a CS.

What gets me is that my DD, now 9, will be 10 by the time we go down again and the cost for her jumps $35 a day!

buzznwoodysmom
04-09-2012, 07:55 PM
What gets me is that my DD, now 9, will be 10 by the time we go down again and the cost for her jumps $35 a day!

Both of my kids are now considered "Disney Adults" as far as dining goes, and it sure is sticker shock, isn't it????

But to be honest I think it's a fair system. There has to be a cut off somewhere, and it just so happens at Disney it's age 10. My boys, now 12 and 10, order adult meals most of the time when we eat fast food. And just to be clear they are small kids. My 12 year old is just 85 pounds, one of the smallest in his class. My 10 year old is just 55 pounds, a tiny fella! In sit down restaurants they both want to order off the adult menu, sometimes it's more about the options than portion sizes, but they don't really care for the kids menu anymore. So I can't complain about Disney's age guidelines (they are also both tall enough for all attractions so tickets are fair too in my book).

Everyone is different and has different appitites/eating habits. I'd say my 12 year old probably eats more than I do. And if you consider that a 3 year old is charged the same as a 9 year old you could argue the point that most 3 year olds don't eat like most 9 year olds. There has to be an age where the price changes, and at Disney it's 10. Our next trip will be the first time we are 4 "adults", but I feel the age cut off is fair. Someone on another site argued that it's "crazy to pay $40 for my 10 year old kid to eat at a buffet". I agree totally with that, but I also feel it's crazy to pay $40 for myself as well. It's just overpriced in general!