PDA

View Full Version : Infant in room- need info please

lawgirl
04-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Hi!

We are trying to plan a trip in Sept, probably staying at AKL villas.

There will be (4) adults, (1) 2 year old, and (1) 4 month old infant. So (6) total people, but 1 toddler and 1 infant.

I know this info is probably listed somewhere, but can someone please tell me how WDW would categorize us? Will we be able to stay in a room that sleeps 5? Do they include the infant and toddler in the room count?

Thanks so much for your help!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-04-2012, 02:57 PM
I believe (and I'm sure one of our DVC room experts will be along shorly) that the AKL Villas allow for 5 in a on-bedroom studio, plus one infant/toddler under 3.

Even if there are more kids under three, you can only "count" one of them as the "extra" in the room.

Disney Doll
04-04-2012, 03:38 PM
It depends. Some of the one bedroom villas in Jambo house sleep 4 and some sleep 5. The ones that sleep 4 are slightly smaller and are called value villas.

I'm pretty sure the one bedroom villas in Kidani all sleep 5 with the pull out chair in the living room for the 5th person.

In addition to the posted occupancy limits, either 4 or 5, you are allowed 1 infant/toddler under 3. To sleep your party in a one bedroom villa you need to be sure you get the ones that regularly accommodate 5. You could then add one extra since your 6th person would be under 3 yrs of age.

DizneyRox
04-04-2012, 04:24 PM
You are fine in a room that sleeps 5, but make sure you specify 6 for any dining reservations. Also plan on having the gratuity surcharge applied to your TS bills.

disneynarula
04-05-2012, 03:59 AM
As far as the room you can probably get into a room for five. We have a similar situation and were told that you can only have one under age "freebie" per room, due to fire code restrictions.