PDA

View Full Version : Week of October 29th

Ms. Mode
04-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Well, my DH and I are planning our first "solo" trip for the week of Oct 29th thru Nov 5th, but we've run into a snag. We're thinking we would like to stay at Yacht Club but there are NO Standard or Garden view rooms available for those dates. Am I missing something here? I thought it would be slower on those dates.

VWL Mom
04-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Your problem may be the nights of the 3rd and 4th. F&W keeps the Epcot resorts busy on the weekends plus Nov 3rd is the beginning of "Jersey Week"

Ms. Mode
04-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Your problem may be the nights of the 3rd and 4th. F&W keeps the Epcot resorts busy on the weekends plus Nov 3rd is the beginning of "Jersey Week"

Ok. Now just one more question: What's "Jersey Week"? Does that mean a lot of people from New Jersey travel to WDW on the same week every year? :blush:

VWL Mom
04-04-2012, 09:17 AM
NJ Schools are closed Nov 8 and 9 for teachers convention, many schools are also closed on election day. So, you can get away for a week and your kids only miss 2 days of school and a lot of people take advantage of it.

Ms. Mode
04-04-2012, 09:29 AM
NJ Schools are closed Nov 8 and 9 for teachers convention, many schools are also closed on election day. So, you can get away for a week and your kids only miss 2 days of school and a lot of people take advantage of it.

Thanks, I've forward my DH with the info. We are used to going in August and New Years, both very busy times in the parks. I really wanted to try Yacht Club though....

brad192
04-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Why not visit a week earlier & join in the fun at the Icot 15 bash? :thumbsup:

Disney Doll
04-04-2012, 03:46 PM
All the EPCOT resorts can be harder to get during food and wine fest. Being within walking distance of EPCOT for the festival is a nice perk. The festival runs Sept 28- Nov 11 this year.