PDA

View Full Version : DBF Won Fantasy Superbowl so "We're going to Disney World" - Day 3

TinkerbellT421
04-03-2012, 08:33 PM
So DBF won his Fantasy Football Superbowl and when his friends asked what he was doing with his win, "We're going to Disney World!"

Cast of characters are:
DBF
Me

**I apologize in advance for my long trip reports. I am obsessed with writing so I tend to go into a lot of details **

3rd Day; January 23, 2012

Sorry for the delay, with my lengthy reports I haven't taken the time to complete them. Plus, I am trying to lengthen my memories to last me until December! lol

So today is day 3, ahhhh such a great feeling to wake up and know you are here, in Disney World! :cloud9: DBF went and got us a couple of coffees while I woke up and showered and dressed. He was already ready, he is such an early riser!

On the agenda today is to hang out at Magic Kingdom we think, no set plans except the ADR at Whispering Canyon for noon, going to be our first time! Can't wait to see the shanninigans we hear about on the boards! Like the ketchup, etc.

Seeing we have time to kill we decide to walk through Epcot and take the monorail over to Magic Kingdom, definitely the long way, but like I said we have time to kill so why not soak it all in! We get to the back entrance to Epcot, DBF gets through the turnstiles fine, me, well story of my life, all of a sudden my AP we upgraded on arrival day, is not working! UGH!!! WHY!?!?! Well, after the cast member overrides the system, asks for my ID blah blah blah I get through. Now we decide we should stop by the Guest Relations on our way by to make sure this does not happen again. We stopped by Soarin' to see what the wait looked like, eek! 105 minutes! No way! Check the fast pass time, too late it was for about 5pm and we were planning on staying in Magic Kingdom to be sure to see the Magic, Memories and You show on the Castle before Wishes seeing we were only able to see it from afar last year, so this year we are not missing it! We skip the idea of fast pass. We head over to Guest Relations. We enter the building and there is always that CM right at the entrance that asks if they can help you and DBF jokingly says "We have a brazilian CM we would like to yell at" and the entrance CM didn't see our humor, but as we look over to the right DBF and I spot that very CM we were joking about, who obviously understood our joke and laughed and pointed at himself and said "Whoooo meee?" lol! So we went over to him and we explained the issue. For whatever reason the AP had deactivated. He could get it to register through the computer, in fact he also saw all my attempts at entering the park one after the other. He fixed whatever the problem was and then gave us a super fast pass to use in Epcot only (Soarin' here we come!) and Two Mickey ice cream bars (could only use in Epcot, so unfortunately ended up not using it :( ). So we left guest relations and went over to Soarin' :cloud9:. Then finally off to Magic Kingdom we go! Took the monorail over. Finally arrived at Magic Kingdom, it was a nice ride. Headed over to the boat to take a ride over to Whispering Canyon. Lunch was kind of a dud. I was a little disappointed. Our waitress wasn't in character at all, a little on the blah side, I don't want to say rude because she wasn't down right mean or anything, but she was just like "What do you want to eat?" "Okay it will be right out" and we saw her one other time, when we asked for some more of the skillet we were splitting and she had a reaction like we were bothering her. We did enjoy watching a couple of the other tables have some fun with their waiters and waitresses. I was really disappointed so I am not in any rush to go back. After leaving Whispering Canyon we headed back over to Magic Kingdom and walked straight over to Splash Mountain!! This is the first year I actually have the opportunity to go on Splash Mountain, seeing we usually travel in January, which is unfortunately the refurb time, every time our week we will be there, when they have it down. So I am sooooo excited to be able to ride for the first time! Heading over we see a pretty long line, sure enough wait time is about 100 minutes, so fast pass it is! We are going to be in MK all day and have no set plans for anything so we are flexible to the return time for 3pm. We grab some fast passes and then go off to ride a few favorites. Haven't seen the Tiki room since before the fire and refurb, so that's the first stop. Better that it is closer to the original than the one with the annoying Iago (who's great idea was that anyway!?) Then head over to Pirates of the Caribbean, ahhh Johnny Depp :cloud9: yes please!. Did some poking around the shops along the way. Went over to Haunted Mansion to check out the new interactive queue, a little annoying when there are five people blocking the way playing with it with noone in front of them and holding everyone up behind them, but eventually got through by saying excuse me ten times. Went off to head back to Splash for our fast pass times. As we are coming up Frontierland and Splash is within eye sight my heart sinks and DBF says "Ut oh!", why aren't the logs running!?!?! We head over to the fast pass line where the CM explains that the ride is down and they will get it up and running as soon as they can, well that is a little heart breaking! So off we go to do some more shopping, rode Pirates again, headed over to Future World to kill some time. Ride the Carousel of Progress, we love this classic! During the show there was a few moments where we noticed the walls were closing a little weird, like they weren't connecting all the way to close out the previous scene. Right after it was over and we got off the ride we saw that they had the entrance area roped off and saw the CM's turning folks away due to it having complications. Wow, they are having all sorts of issues with rides today we thought. Strolled around, watched Push the talking trash can, shopped. Head back over to splash. Get there and the ride is still down! Now I am really bummed that I really am cursed to never be able to ride this ride! Well finally about 6pm the ride is back up and the CM originally that told us the first time the ride was down explained the fast passes would still be good after we asked what would happen with them? Well we went over to the Christmas Shop so I could check out the ornaments to see which ones I would like this year. After that we said well lets check Splash one more time before we head to the front of the park to catch Memories and Wishes! We head back to Splash and YAY!! The ride is up and runnning, phew! I was scared for a minute there. Wow, what a great ride! I am so glad I at least got to ride it once!! After the ride exit we got a call from one of our friends who we see every year when we go down. She was at Magic Kingdom. So we head off to head off to go down Main Street to try and meet in the middle. Finally find each other and off we go, she hasn't been in Magic Kingdom for years, even though she lives about an hour away! So we catch a spot on the side of the castle right away to be able to catch Memories. During the wait time standing there we were able to catch up and chit chat! She was excited to see the lights and fire works, she never saw them. She was so impressed with it! I of course was moved to tears during the Wishes song. It makes me cry everytime :cloud9: I'm a sap :blush: One funny thing during the middle of the show, was when a guy came walking through in front of us and he had about three of those stupid color changing balloons strapped to his stroller which were willy nilly flapping in the air and proceeded to bang people in the head that were wwalking on the side of him! I want to pop them we started joking! That was funny. So the rest of the trip we kept saying "Stupid balloons!" (in a funny voice to add to the comedy factor). So we then proceeded to take her to a couple of our favs. Haunted Mansion again, Pirates, which she said was her favorite, but hadn't seen the Johnny Depp version! She loved it. We headed onto Jungle Cruise, by this time as it was so we headed onto the Jungle Cruise which we never rode at night before! Wow we like that ride way more at night! After all the rides we were hungry so we headed to Columbia Harbor House just before it closed! Phew that was close! We were able to split a chicken finger and fry combo and each had a bowl of white chowdah! Love their chowdah!! Wow, we are exhausted! So after dinner we decided it was time to head home! So our friend left to head home and DBF and I headed back to the resort.

Second we opened the room door, ahhhh bed, hello, good night! :sleepin:

SBETigg
04-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Busy, fun day! I love Jungle Cruise at night. Glad you found and met up with your friend.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-04-2012, 10:42 AM
thanks for the report, sounds wonderful

DonaldDuckUSA
04-04-2012, 11:07 AM
I of course was moved to tears during the Wishes song. It makes me cry everytime :cloud9: I'm a sap :blush:

Me too! I try to hide it. I guess fireworks, music, and Disney rolled into one makes me a little emotional.

Glad you had a great time! Thanks for the update!

TinkerbellT421
04-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Me too! I try to hide it. I guess fireworks, music, and Disney rolled into one makes me a little emotional.

Glad you had a great time! Thanks for the update!

Exactly!! Glad I'm not the only one :)

faline
04-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Well, it turned out your non-functioning annual pass actually had a piece of magic attached in that you got to ride Soarin!

TinkerbellT421
04-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Well, it turned out your non-functioning annual pass actually had a piece of magic attached in that you got to ride Soarin!

Yep!! SO I look at it as "it was meant to be" :mickey: