PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century vs All-Star Music

mustBgoofy
04-03-2012, 08:07 PM
I saw the new discounts available for June-Aug and checked into the difference. I can save almost $100 switching from Pop to ASM. I know that Pop has it's own bus service, I didn't request a preferred room, and don't mind a walk. My question is, is there that much of a difference in the value resorts? Would it take longer to get to and from parks if we were staying at ASM? Any advice/opinions are greatly welcome. Thanks so much!

Fangorn
04-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Quick answer: no.

The value rooms are all identical except for the themeing. Even the layout of the resorts are similar. Yes, the All-Stars share buses, but they are smaller resorts than POP, and the number of buses/capacity per hour, has got to be pretty similar. All-Stars are further away from the parks (except AK). So it does take a few minutes longer to get most places. The food court at POP is, IMHO, very good and much better than any of the All-Stars, but then it's much larger too, which gives it more options. Also makes it a lot louder and chaotic.

I suspect that the main reason for the difference in price (and mind you that difference is relatively new - for years they were all identical) is that Disney finally realized that for whatever real or perceived reasons, POP was more popular (pun intended) and they could charge a few more bucks per night for staying there. Secondarily, the difference will tend to even out the occupancy rates at all the Values - which is good for Disney as well.

Steve

mustBgoofy
04-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks, Steve! Now, my next question is are there any penalties for cancelling my reservation? I am 75 days out. Thanks so much!:cool:

Alaska Disney Fan
04-03-2012, 11:12 PM
We will be staying at POP for the first time this fall. I can tell you Music is our favorite of the All Stars. More activities by the pool for the kids, nightly movie at the pool on a blow up sceen (assuming they still do this) middle pickup for the buses when they are only running 1 bus for all 3 resorts which is rare. Seems to be the quieter of the 3 too.

Strmchsr
04-04-2012, 07:42 AM
Now, my next question is are there any penalties for cancelling my reservation? I am 75 days out. Thanks so much!:cool:

Nope. You can change it with no problem.

For future reference - you might want to book with Magical Journeys. They can take care of all of these kinds of changes for you with no hassle to you.

darthmacho
04-04-2012, 07:45 AM
We are staying at Pop this August, but we actually considered staying at ASMu again, having enjoyed it so much in 2003. We decided to go with the new experience, but if you're going to stay at a value, I honestly don't think you can lose with either choice. :mickey:

Katzateer
04-04-2012, 07:57 AM
I like the theme better at POP and if I can't stay at the Poly, POP is my second choice.

barnaby
04-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Just to note, the rack rate for Pop is $5 more per night then the AS Resorts.