PDA

View Full Version : When would you go?

Cinderelley
04-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Well, it has been a rough year for me, so I am thinking that I need to postpone the trip I had planned for this December until next year. On the bright side, I'm alive which is more than they expected last year, :party: and I can plan on a vacation next year. :thumbsup:

Accompanying me will be several friends and their families ranging from a family with a 5 year old to a couple in their 40s with no kids.

Vote for when you think the best time to go is.

1. My favorite time to go has been around the end of September/the beginning of October. I could continue the tradition of seeing MNSSHIP and the Food & Wine Festival.

2. During the Flower & Garden Festival. I'm a girl. What can I say?

3. Star Wars Weekends. My oldest DS will be getting out of the Navy in January, and he loves Star Wars.

4. In December for all the Christmas fun. I've always wanted to go at Christmas time, so I had planned for December of this year. December, 2013 is sooooo far away though.

faline
04-03-2012, 06:52 PM
You've picked some of my favorite times to go. I did have a difficult time selecting between the Flower & Garden Festival and the Christmas holiday as both are such wonderful times to be there. I think I'd go with May just because it will be here so much sooner than Christmastime of next year - plus it's so beautiful!

Janmac
04-03-2012, 07:07 PM
I vote for the Flower and Garden Festival because it's not such a long time to wait (which the end of September would be). And maybe the crowds won't be as much as either Christmas or Star Wars.

We were supposed to go in September this year (last trip January 2010) but bailed on that as too far away and opted for the F&GF. We leave in less than 2 weeks. :D

Jan

vicster
04-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Well, it has been a rough year for me, so I am thinking that I need to postpone the trip I had planned for this December until next year. On the bright side, I'm alive which is more than they expected last year, :party: and I can plan on a vacation next year. :thumbsup:

Wishing you a better year and many years to come! Enjoy your vacation - sounds like you really deserve it!

Ms. Mode
04-04-2012, 08:49 AM
I went for Christmas time since you said you've never been that time of year. It's special. :thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
04-04-2012, 09:06 AM
I was going to choose the Christmas seasons but I wouldn't pick the week before or the week of to go. Too busy.

So I went with MNSSHP and Food & Wine, I personally have never been for then and would love to try it out atleast once! So if that is an option for you I would go then :) But Christmas time is supposed to be awesome, we will be there this December I was there in November when I was little don't remember much outside of pictures and Christmas is my favorite time of year so if you want to do that, I would think of trying out a different week.

Wolf
04-04-2012, 09:31 AM
The only think I want to mention is Moma Wolf has a green hand, and possibly arm too, so she always wanted to see Flower and Garden and we are from Alabama, we are used to hot...My goodness we weren't ready for that...It was so hot she couldn't enjoy it. After that we went back to Oct for F&W and MNSSHP but we also loved Christmas so if the people you're going with would be down for that its a good thought, but I'll never be able to suggest anything but Oct I dont think. I'm a huge nerd so I want to do Star Wars weekends but just never have gotten around to it.

iluvdumbo
04-04-2012, 09:44 AM
I have been there twice during the month of December (first week) and twice during the month of October (middle of the month). I love the decorations at Christmastime but I also love MNSSHP. I will be going back to WDW in December but at a later time than I used to so we will see if during the month it gets more crowded. Personally though, I love Christmastime at Disney :dumbo:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-04-2012, 10:22 AM
I voted for the food and wine festival but if you've never been in December the decorations are awesome...however go earlier in December not the week of Christmas....

goofygirl67
04-04-2012, 08:42 PM
I went with flower and garden but I also would do star wars. This year flower and gardens last weekend is star wars first.

amorillo
04-05-2012, 09:24 AM
^^^^catching the end of the flower & garden AND the beginning of Star Wars! :cloud9:

I've been during all but Christmas time.... one day I'd like to go for the holidays. I picked Star Wars weekends but if you could hit two events...that would be awesome! the flower & garden festival is amazing! Epcot looks so beautiful! Star Wars weekends are very cool too! Especially if you're a big fan! My husband & I went years ago and had a blast! Seeing all the characters wandering about in the park was pretty sweet! My favorite time is during Halloween! but if you've done that a few times before....why not try something new!

Cinderelley
04-09-2012, 02:20 AM
Wishing you a better year and many years to come! Enjoy your vacation - sounds like you really deserve it!

Thank you very much Vicster. It certainly rearranges your priorities, which everyone probably needs to do every once in a while. :D

Cinderelley
04-09-2012, 02:23 AM
It looks like September/Oct is the winner, which is probably good, since I am taking a large group. This way I already know what to expect/do/reserve/etc.

I will do the other times of the year at some point in the future. I plan on making many more trips.

Thanks for everyone's input.

BriarRose0708
04-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Out of the choices, the only time I haven't been is Christmas time. To me, the two best experiences I've ever had at WDW were at MNSSHP and Food & Wine Fest. October is a great time to go, the weather is amazing (knock on wood... it's barely rained, temps in the 80's with no humidity when I've been there) and crowds are manageable if you strategize touring plans right. There's so much to see and do that's unique at the Halloween Party, it's so worth the price of a hard ticketed event!