PDA

View Full Version : December 17-23, 2012

Zeike
04-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Hi folks, we are limited this year to visit WDW this week. We were there last november week before Thansgiving and it was a great time. What should we expect this week in december before Christmas, any deals in past years?, dinning plans, thanks for all the recommendations. Ed

faline
04-03-2012, 12:56 PM
I wouldn't think there would be many/any deals that week. In fact it's likely to be very busy by the end of that week so you'll be there right until Christmas weekend.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-03-2012, 01:45 PM
We booked the exact same dates last year. I got a pin offer in January that had to be booked within 45 days to get 40% off a Deluxe room, 35% moderate or 30% value. We were excited because we've never been able to stay Deluxe level before and I booked Wilderness Lodge at the 40% off rate. In the fall, DW came out with free dining for that time and it was a bit of a better deal so Magical Journeys sent me a small refund check. I think around $65.00.

Crowds were somewhat heavy but not as busy as when we went Christmas week and the week after Christmas. We got up and got to the parks at opening time and were able to ride most everything we wanted. Crowds were light in the mornings and heavy in the evenings, especially at DTD. As usual decorations were beautiful but I think there were less than in previous visits. The weather last year was quite warm. We've been in December several times and had everything from lows in the 30s/highs in the 50s to lows in the 50s/highs in the 80s. Hope this information helps.

buzznwoodysmom
04-03-2012, 03:06 PM
We were there those same dates last year as well. Actually we were there from the 18th - 27th. We were able to use a military discount, 40% off room only. I think we had to check in by a certain date to get the discount, after that I believe there were blackout dates. I'm not 100% certain, but I seem to remember some sort of blackout.

We found crowds to be very manageable. All week my husband kept commenting on how quiet it was compared to what we were expecting. I kept thinking it was only a matter of time before we were met with huge crowds, but the week went on without the huge crowds we anticipated. We spent the first two night at Universal, then checked in at WL on Dec. 20th. The only day we found crowds to be really heavy was Christmas Day at AK, but even then we were able to do all we wanted within about a 5 hour visit. We didn't go to any parks on the 26th. We checked out of WL and into OKW and there were mobs of people checking in. It definitely looked like the crowds started coming in by the truck loads on Christmas Day and the day after. We were so glad to be just relaxing by the pool and going out to dinner that night.

Zeike
04-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Thanks for all the replies! we are planning a big family reunion for that week and thats the only week we can all meet. At least crowds wont be as bad as the next week. And still it is Disney so no matter what with good planning we will have fun. :0)

DebK
04-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Great attitude!

Zeike
07-31-2012, 01:18 PM
We missed the free dinning by 4 days...guess no discount for us...