PDA

View Full Version : taxi question - child in booster seat

Mary Chase
04-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Planning on flying into SNA and have heard that it's just as cheap to get a Taxi to our hotel as is the cost of any of the other shuttles. First - are there any comments on that statement? Is it true? Second, we have a child in a booster seat and I"m not sure on a few things. I don't take taxi's much and have never taken one with my kids. Do they typically have any that will have a child seat? If I decide to pack mine, does anyone know if airlines usually count them as checked luggage? For some reason I think I remember checking a car seat but it's been a long time ago (I think before the baggage charges all started) - so I know we weren't charged, but I seem to recall that they didn't even count it (towards the max checked items) as a checked item. Luckily, all we are talking about is a booster seat and we could even probably just carry it on the plane. Just hoping to get some suggestions from anyone who has taken a cab with children.

Belle of the Ball 051411
04-03-2012, 01:23 PM
I would just carry-on the booster seat.

I do not believe taxi's have child seats so you will need to bring yours.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Granted, it has been a few years since DD needed her booster seat, but when she did the airline either gate checked it for us, or we put it as checked bagged, neither time with a fee.

We had planned to just use it on the plane, but they got all upset that it wasn't airline approved (since there were no shoulder straps) and we couldn't use it.

Still, it was great to have with us on vacation.

NewDVCowner
04-03-2012, 05:38 PM
It's been a couple of years since I've taken a taxi from SNA to the DLR, however it did work out to be less for a family of four to take a cab than any sort of shuttle. I want to say it was about $40 each way, with tip. (Or maybe it was $20 each way and I'm thinking the $40 for both coming and going. I can't remember.)